Motorbike license

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Motorbike license

Post by atst »

Thanks for the info and confirming most officials you talk to only tell you what you want to here but may not be correct. Looks like I'm going to need a new license or smaller bike, oh well typical Cambodia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

What do you need to get an A licence and where?
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well to get motor bike licence you Need to fill out the correct paper stating you are living here signed but local officials then $28 submit the form in PP they will organise medical at driving test school out back PP about a week later eye test and hight and weight taken, come back a week later sit exam and if passed go do driving test riding between cones that most big bikes will not fit though so you will need a bike over 125 but with good turning circle. If pass driving test yahoo 10 year licence class A total $28
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Forgot paid $5 for driving knowledge book well worth it just for entertainment alone, plus didn't know speed limit for bikes 125cc and under in city's is only 30kph
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I read somewhere on here recently but can't find the thread that agents can now process driving licences again?

I asked a couple on Riverside and they say no can do.. Can anyone advise some agents where I can do this? Prices?

I want to get an A licence for over 125cc and have a current home licence but it is not a renewal of an existing cambo licence.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

u cant transfer a bike licence only car
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

bangkokhooker wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:31 pm u cant transfer a bike licence only car
So I have to do the test to get an A licence? Even tho I have a home licence for unlimited cc moto?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:04 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:31 pm u cant transfer a bike licence only car
So I have to do the test to get an A licence? Even tho I have a home licence for unlimited cc moto?
I don't know about no but when I first got my KOW license for big bike that's all they needed was home license for motorcycle.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:04 pm
No, you can get a Cambodian equivalent by going to the DWT with old licence, (if you brought it with you) Sangat residency paper, copies of passport and visa, photo's, money. Do the eyesight test, que up at counter with usually ony one person seeing customers in the whole place, present your stuff fill out form, que, go to different room get stamp go back que, fill form with your address in Cambodia (make sure you know it) wait with many other folk that keep looking up in the air at each other at the simple process made to stretch out 2 hours.
I've only done a renewal lately so may have missed a form or more cuing, waiting etc.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

I received this just today and the source (my staff) have always been accurate on these matters. I am renewing my license, Category B, for the 7th time. Except this year there are significantly more requirements than in the past. Crazy stuff - 6 passport photos for a driving license. You don't need that for a passport of visa. Oh well, the times they are a changin'.

There are 2 options for renewal driving license :

1st option: Document needed are
1. The original Driving license from your home country
2. Cambodia driving license
3. Passport with valid visa – photocopies.
4. 6 passport photos
5. Residence certificate
6. Fee – 35 USD
This is important to note is the license owner must apply by themselves at the ministry of public work and transport. (5 days processing )

2nd option: Document needed are
1. The original Driving license from your home country
2. Cambodia driving license
3. Passport with valid visa – photocopies.
4. 6 passport photos
5. Fee 120 USD (the whole process will apply by the agency ) – 3-day processing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic