CHRIS KNIGHT (Down & Out Retired New Zealander) Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Down & Out Retired New Zealander CHRIS KNIGHT Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh

Post by Username Taken »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 pm
Anchor Moy wrote:
Micmac wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm Why was my post removed?
Smiple question,
Dunno. Did you mention his poster name ? No outing of forum members.
He was asking about why pictures of posters are allowed if outing wasn’t.

A justified question if you ask me, however to answer his questions, I think a poster gives up that right when they get their photo in khmer papers doing a perp walk. Certainly a dick move by the mod who deleted the post to remove the post without any justification. It’s a valid question with a very simple answer.

If someone hadn’t mentioned he was a poster I doubt many would have put 2 and 2 together, unless they knew him personally.
Not a dick move.
I deleted his post, AND THEN I sent him a PM explaining why. Is that ok with you?

In answer to his question, which I have already answered directly to him, CEOCambodiaNews did NOT out a poster. The news just posted a news story about a barang with a photo of said barang. That is NOT outing.
MICDIK was the one attempting to out the poster.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Down & Out Retired New Zealander CHRIS KNIGHT Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Username Taken wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 pm
Anchor Moy wrote:
Micmac wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm Why was my post removed?
Smiple question,
Dunno. Did you mention his poster name ? No outing of forum members.
He was asking about why pictures of posters are allowed if outing wasn’t.

A justified question if you ask me, however to answer his questions, I think a poster gives up that right when they get their photo in khmer papers doing a perp walk. Certainly a dick move by the mod who deleted the post to remove the post without any justification. It’s a valid question with a very simple answer.

If someone hadn’t mentioned he was a poster I doubt many would have put 2 and 2 together, unless they knew him personally.
Not a dick move.
I deleted his post, AND THEN I sent him a PM explaining why. Is that ok with you?

In answer to his question, which I have already answered directly to him, CEOCambodiaNews did NOT out a poster. The news just posted a news story about a barang with a photo of said barang. That is NOT outing.
MICDIK was the one attempting to out the poster.
I said it was a duck move if no justification was given as said justification was given it negates the dickishness.

So Gilmore outed the posted by saying he was a poster on both forums. This is getting confusing.

Can we at least leave this thread unlocked so this stealing kiwi can comment when he gets out of the slammer? It should be a good story, if not we might get demands to take this post down which always end well for everyone involved.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i hope the accused guy does come here and tell his story.
seems weird that anyone on a .mil pension would need to shoplift
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

U. T. Should chill a little imho.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Shop-lifting is a minor crime, but breaking and entering is something else. IMO.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Gardiguy wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:33 am
General Mackevili wrote:It seems like a lot of guys know this Chris Knight guy in Phnom Penh. Is he a regular bar hopper or something?
Not that I'm aware of, from what I know he spent most of his time reading and drinking coffee and doesn't drink a whole lot. He was pretty friendly and seemed fairly down to earth (a rarity in Cambodia) when I chatted with him, this is kind of a weird story but I've heard stranger things.
I'm pretty sure I met him one time and he seemed very relaxed and together, so I'm a bit surprised myself.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: CHRIS KNIGHT (Down & Out Retired New Zealander) Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: Australian/NZ citizen Christopher Knight was taken into custody by police at Psar Kandal, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh on May 21, 2019 for being homeless, sleeping on the streets in Phnom Penh, and not possessing valid immigration documents. Then at 14:20, the 58-year-old Australian man was taken to the Department of Immigration by the police officers.
Mr Knight arrived in Cambodia in May 2015. It looks like he will be deported by Cambodian immigration authorities once his case has been processed.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: CHRIS KNIGHT (Down & Out Retired New Zealander) Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

The thousand yard stare.

Poor bastard, whatever situation he has gotten himself into.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

he said he was in the army :please:

maybe
thru shit to more shit
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

In March he was 67. Now he is 58. ???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic