CHRIS KNIGHT (Down & Out Retired New Zealander) Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Down & Out Retired New Zealander CHRIS KNIGHT Arrested for Locker Room Theft

Post by that genius »

cambo swa wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 pm Besides the fact that 100% of all people arrested by Cambodian police are always guilty, how it is that the police so easily get these guys to admit to past crimes that the police knew nothing about? Magic drugs, hypnosis, promise of early release once they see the inside of Prey Sar? He doesn't look like he had the information beaten out of him.
Nah.

The pinky-promise fixes almost everything.

Fir the rest, there is prahok and the threat of reading redneck TOF posts
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Down & Out Retired New Zealander CHRIS KNIGHT Arrested for Locker Room Theft

Post by Anchor Moy »

cambo swa wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 pm Besides the fact that 100% of all people arrested by Cambodian police are always guilty, how it is that the police so easily get these guys to admit to past crimes that the police knew nothing about? Magic drugs, hypnosis, promise of early release once they see the inside of Prey Sar? He doesn't look like he had the information beaten out of him.
He's a Kiwi. Fair cop officer, and all that.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Down & Out Retired New Zealander CHRIS KNIGHT Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

It seems like a lot of guys know this Chris Knight guy in Phnom Penh. Is he a regular bar hopper or something?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Down & Out Retired New Zealander CHRIS KNIGHT Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh

Post by Gardiguy »

General Mackevili wrote:It seems like a lot of guys know this Chris Knight guy in Phnom Penh. Is he a regular bar hopper or something?
Not that I'm aware of, from what I know he spent most of his time reading and drinking coffee and doesn't drink a whole lot. He was pretty friendly and seemed fairly down to earth (a rarity in Cambodia) when I chatted with him, this is kind of a weird story but I've heard stranger things.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Bit sad, imho, how this happens.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

He doesn’t look down an out. He looks very healthy especially so for a Cambodian expat of his years.
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Why was my post removed?
Smiple question,
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Micmac wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm Why was my post removed?
Smiple question,
Dunno. Did you mention his poster name ? No outing of forum members.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Down & Out Retired New Zealander CHRIS KNIGHT Arrested for Locker Room Theft in Phnom Penh

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Smiple question,
He was asking about why pictures of posters are allowed if outing wasn’t.

A justified question if you ask me, however to answer his questions, I think a poster gives up that right when they get their photo in khmer papers doing a perp walk. Certainly a dick move by the mod who deleted the post to remove the post without any justification. It’s a valid question with a very simple answer.

If someone hadn’t mentioned he was a poster I doubt many would have put 2 and 2 together, unless they knew him personally.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Smiple question,
He was asking about why pictures of posters are allowed if outing wasn’t.

A justified question if you ask me, however to answer his questions, I think a poster gives up that right when they get their photo in khmer papers doing a perp walk. Certainly a dick move by the mod who deleted the post to remove the post without any justification. It’s a valid question with a very simple answer.

If someone hadn’t mentioned he was a poster I doubt many would have put 2 and 2 together, unless they knew him personally.
I'm just getting online, but given MicMac's history of posting pics and vids of fellow members elsewhere in a clear attempt to do nothing other than out them, I assume it was deleted as a "trolling" post.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic