Land of Smiles

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Land of Smiles

Post by yong »

I'm an expat in Bangkok for past 13 years. Just found this forum and this Thailand News and Discussion thought I like to start this thread to post some of the things I see and experience here particularly food and places of interest. If anyone of you think I'm posting too much and don't like it do let me know. So lets start by this lunch visit to a very local beef noodle stall

Thursday went to my favourite Thai beef noodle shop in Bangkok. This is hot pot style. The soup is simply heavenly.

As it was a public holiday the shop was very crowded

As you can see this shop is very simple its more like a huge shed but you could also see its packed with people having to queue so it has to be good

Front kitchen

My order

Braised beef

Fresh sliced beef

Beef balls

This order is actually good for like 3-4 people as normally 1-2 people they will simply order in bowls rather than the hot pot so obviously I couldn't finish alone nevertheless it was fun, watch the video.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Land of Smiles

Post by frank lee bent »

never heard anyone complain about the food in Thailand!
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm never heard anyone complain about the food in Thailand!
Thank you. I'm a foodie so I'll post more, hopefully daily lol
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What's that pink stuff? And how much is this food, in dollars?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

OK, that's enough talk and pic's of food,,,, can we get onto the subject of Thai girls now .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
cigar
Tourist
Canada

Post by cigar »

The best place in LOS for ladies is Pattaya. 1000's of ladies are available to drain your juices your you can dine at the Y whatever your pleasure. You can have doubles three times a day, if your wallet is thick enough. You can have FL's on beach road and numerous bars, go-go girls on walking street, beach road soi 6, 7, 8, 13/1, and many other soi. At least 1,000 bar girls are available at hundreds of beer bars. Just come to Pattaya and you'll be smiling. Alternatively, you can find a regular/normal Thai lady as a GF, in a shop, restaurant, dating website.
Last edited by cigar on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 pm What's that pink stuff? And how much is this food, in dollars?
1 USD = 31.7 THB as of today at BKK airport.

Thai food rules.

But Italian and French are a close second, imo.

yong, that she disn't near Surawong/Patpong is it? Ate at a very similar one yesterday...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

thread starting to border on VIP nightlife
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:56 pm What's that pink stuff? And how much is this food, in dollars?
That’s sliced fresh beef to be cooked in the hot pot.

This meal costs $15
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Duncan wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:04 pm OK, that's enough talk and pic's of food,,,, can we get onto the subject of Thai girls now .
Let you know the next time I visit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic