Land of Smiles

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Land of Smiles

Post by yong »

So Monday was the Dragon Boat Festival, I cam back from my trip late and started to make the festive bachang only about 5pm

As it was a last minute decision to make bachang I did not have the bachang leaves at home so I made good with lotus leaves which was why I couldn't make it in the pyramid shape. Anyway it turned out good

Next day (yesterday) I had it for breakfast too
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

yong wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 am Great Videos Yong, you can really see just how empty the place is, even more so at night it seemed.

I noticed there were no Baht buses on Beach Road and very few elsewhere that were moving. Unless you have a car or a bike, are you now without any other form of transport?

All the open air bars along the beach and 2nd road seemed closed during the evening, are all the bars in Soi 6, 7,8 etc all closed and what about the bars in LK Metro?

As for your shaky one man video, what happened to your glamourous dining companion of previous videos? Can't she double as your glamourous camera assistant?
As alcohol is banned so all bars are closed. In my hotel again the restaurants do not serve alcohol however they can serve it in my room, I was like thank buy no thanks as I bought and brought my own Double Black with me.

This 4 days 3 nights trip is for myself so no one company me. I've had enough of work and people and I needed to be alone no one to take care of no voices to be heard, just me and myself do what I want and relax.
Has the alcohol ban been re-imposed due to the recent outbreak or is the ban long standing? How can a booze ban help the poor people of Pattaya at the moment?

It's good to get away on solo trips from time to time. I left a girlfriend in the UK in September 2017 for a solo trip to Thailand and Cambodia and never came back. She didn't see the funny side of it.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:13 am
yong wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 am Great Videos Yong, you can really see just how empty the place is, even more so at night it seemed.

I noticed there were no Baht buses on Beach Road and very few elsewhere that were moving. Unless you have a car or a bike, are you now without any other form of transport?

All the open air bars along the beach and 2nd road seemed closed during the evening, are all the bars in Soi 6, 7,8 etc all closed and what about the bars in LK Metro?

As for your shaky one man video, what happened to your glamourous dining companion of previous videos? Can't she double as your glamourous camera assistant?
As alcohol is banned so all bars are closed. In my hotel again the restaurants do not serve alcohol however they can serve it in my room, I was like thank buy no thanks as I bought and brought my own Double Black with me.

This 4 days 3 nights trip is for myself so no one company me. I've had enough of work and people and I needed to be alone no one to take care of no voices to be heard, just me and myself do what I want and relax.
Has the alcohol ban been re-imposed due to the recent outbreak or is the ban long standing? How can a booze ban help the poor people of Pattaya at the moment?

It's good to get away on solo trips from time to time. I left a girlfriend in the UK in September 2017 for a solo trip to Thailand and Cambodia and never came back. She didn't see the funny side of it.
This news arrived a few of hours ago just in time to answer your question - https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ng-alcohol

Hmmmmm I am she she was not amused 😂
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Was craving for Singapore's mee siam for a few days so I have to cook it myself

The beehoon

The sambal

Lunch
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Saved a last portion for today's breakfast. Love this mee siam!

Have a great week ahead everyone
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Took a drive to Jomtien yesterday to chill out at the beach.

This is one thing good living in Thailand if one is bored in the city a good beach or mountain is just a 2hrs drive away.

Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I'm very pleased to see that you could have a beer on the beach without having to hide the bottle @yong !
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Alex wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:09 pm I'm very pleased to see that you could have a beer on the beach without having to hide the bottle @yong !
Actually wife and I were shocked too. We never refuse a beer on the beach :beer3: oh and many tables have a bottle too
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

The missus wanted braised beef shank to go with beer so I made this evening

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

My breakfast this morning