Land of Smiles

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Land of Smiles

Post by Doc67 »

yong wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:12 pm This morning woke up all of a sudden craving for lontong since its a common breakfast meal. Living in Thailand the only thing I can do first is to go to the market.

Came back and prepare.

Ingredients

Marvellous
That's a great video as always Yong, and your food and kitchen looks lovely. Always a pleasure.

However, by about 2 minutes I had a very strong urge to slam the lid down on the pianists hands, and at one point I hoped you were going to shout out something to that effect, and for him to stop. Alas, it was not to be.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Came into Pattaya last evening for a short break alone. Needed this very much, away from everyone and work.

This morning 9am drove along the Pattaya Beach Road thought I'd share this with everyone of you

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Thought I go take a look at Soi Buakhao so this is it at about 9.30am

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

So this is the hotel that I checked in yesterday evening

Lobby

View from the room just after sunset

Evening at the hotel beach

Dinner at the beach restaurant

Hotel in the evening
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Nice hotel there @yong and thanks for sharing the vids. I have 2 questions tho:

1. Did the reception staff die of shock upon you walking into the lobby? (a real live customer..we should have him stuffed :mrgreen: )

2. How did it feel being the one and only guest there? Were you overcome with attention? :twisted:
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:30 pm ^^
Nice hotel there @yong and thanks for sharing the vids. I have 2 questions tho:

1. Did the reception staff die of shock upon you walking into the lobby? (a real live customer..we should have him stuffed :mrgreen: )

2. How did it feel being the one and only guest there? Were you overcome with attention? :twisted:
Hahahaha oh no the hotel has a occupancy of 25% and I'm a regular here :beer3:
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Morning at the beach

Pool

Breakfast by the pool and beach

My usual, soft boiled eggs and toasts

Beach bar

Quiet beach

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Ok guys finally uploaded this video I took last night on the night scenes of Pattaya's Soi Buakhao, Beach Road, Second Road.

I must apologise for the shaky video - it was one hand holding eh camera through the sun roof and the other hand steering the car.

Try to do better next time
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Great Videos Yong, you can really see just how empty the place is, even more so at night it seemed.

I noticed there were no Baht buses on Beach Road and very few elsewhere that were moving. Unless you have a car or a bike, are you now without any other form of transport?

All the open air bars along the beach and 2nd road seemed closed during the evening, are all the bars in Soi 6, 7,8 etc all closed and what about the bars in LK Metro?

As for your shaky one man video, what happened to your glamourous dining companion of previous videos? Can't she double as your glamourous camera assistant?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:46 am Great Videos Yong, you can really see just how empty the place is, even more so at night it seemed.

I noticed there were no Baht buses on Beach Road and very few elsewhere that were moving. Unless you have a car or a bike, are you now without any other form of transport?

All the open air bars along the beach and 2nd road seemed closed during the evening, are all the bars in Soi 6, 7,8 etc all closed and what about the bars in LK Metro?

As for your shaky one man video, what happened to your glamourous dining companion of previous videos? Can't she double as your glamourous camera assistant?
As alcohol is banned so all bars are closed. In my hotel again the restaurants do not serve alcohol however they can serve it in my room, I was like thank buy no thanks as I bought and brought my own Double Black with me.

This 4 days 3 nights trip is for myself so no one company me. I've had enough of work and people and I needed to be alone no one to take care of no voices to be heard, just me and myself do what I want and relax.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic