Land of Smiles

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Land of Smiles

Post by Arget »

Then our Yong is not like the majority.

His entertainment and education to us barangs whom have not had the opportunity to see or taste many of these dishes he proudly displays is welcomed.

Did I mention that he is also the Elvis Presley of screw salesmen?

Keep it up , thank you, Yong. :hattip:
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

@Mav Ryan your poor attempt at trolling has failed mainly as it was so obvious. At least some of the trolls that post on CEO try to be funny while your post was just both a waste of your time in writing it and now my time as I have replied to your drivel.
@yong ignore the ignorance of one fool and keep posting. I'd be more than grateful if you could do some more video recipes as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

yong wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:16 am Nasi Lemak (coconut rice)

Under cover of darkness went to steal

this 😂😂

Ready to assemble

Fantastic dinner

Hey, Yong. Give me your address and I'll send you some of these.

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:32 am Hey, Yong. Give me your address and I'll send you some of these.

Thank you Doc I shall hence end my life of crime :beer3:
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

So once again I am craving for Singapore hawker food, what to do? DIY then. Today I was craving for the popular Hokkien Fried Prawn Noodle.

That's my breakfast
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

That looks good, my partner picks an ingredient from a bush or shrub here and there, surprised what there's in a city.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

You put pandan leaf and what else in the rice cooker? whats that round ingredient in the middle?
work is for people who cant find truffles
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

yong wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:16 am Under cover of darkness went to steal

this 😂😂
Hi Yong,
This makes me laugh because I did the same a few months back - and I got caught !

My neighbors' banana leaves were so much better than where I was staying, so I looked around and couldn't find anyone to ask if I could "borrow" one of their banana leaves, so I thought what the hell, I just need half a leaf and no one will notice. BUT, I got caught in the act by the neighbor, and then had to explain and apologise for my behaviour. My mistake of course. Fortunately, the neighbor was very understanding, and probably thought that barangs are strange anyway but not dangerous.

Steaming food using banana leaves is kick-arse. That's my only excuse. We use plates for serving, but the leaves are great for cooking fish or meat in a rice cooker because it keeps the moisture in the food. Ngam ngam.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

truffledog wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:48 pm
You put pandan leaf and what else in the rice cooker? whats that round ingredient in the middle?
Looks like lemon grass or cinnamon stick. More likely lemon grass with rice and probably too light to be cinnamon stick.

Edit to add: Coconut rice, so even more likely to be lemon grass.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

yong wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:29 pm So once again I am craving for Singapore hawker food, what to do? DIY then. Today I was craving for the popular Hokkien Fried Prawn Noodle.

That's my breakfast
First class Yong, that's a great video.

I see you added prawns and squid at the end. The rule for squid is 1 minute or 1 hour, anything in between and it becomes tough. But that seems a bit short to cook the prawns.

So, how long did you leave them in?

Also, how about an ingredient list; What is the stock at the start and the one at the end?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic