Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh »

yong wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:22 pm
yong wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm
yong wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Thank you. By the way your nick bolueeleh sounds like "no money" in hokkien
so...... u r fm singapore too eh?
Yes from Singapore but run road to siamloh 13 years liao
run road to hcm n shv more than 10yrs ago too, if come to shv pm me
Geeze you're just a boat ride to Trat. Same same if you ever come over LOS drop me a PM.

I'm new in this forum just joined yesterday. I should be posting in the Thailand section here.

topic18686-10.html#p230795
so u r importing construction equipment fm LOS?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm

so...... u r fm singapore too eh?
Geeze you're just a boat ride to Trat. Same same if you ever come over LOS drop me a PM.

I'm new in this forum just joined yesterday. I should be posting in the Thailand section here.

That is my plan to set up shop in Cambodia with local sales staff selling products to local contractors and projects, products from my factory in Thailand.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

yong wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:54 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm

That is my plan to set up shop in Cambodia with local sales staff selling products to local contractors and projects, products from my factory in Thailand.
steady lah
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I would have welcomed that when we built our apartment block 6 years back. I brought most of my electrical and plumbing fittings from Home Mart , Global house etc. Some of the big stuff such as internal doors I would have loved to have brought over but never did.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Fourkinnel wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:40 am I would have welcomed that when we built our apartment block 6 years back. I brought most of my electrical and plumbing fittings from Home Mart , Global house etc. Some of the big stuff such as internal doors I would have loved to have brought over but never did.
Home Mart and Global House are giant hardware mega stores here in Thailand. I’m dealing with roofing products like fiberglass roof, screws and sealants. Hope to start soon in Cambodia.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

You can find most of the decent sealers such as Sika in most places in Cambodia also Wurth. Screws also, I can buy stainless fasterners and screws from several different places in SHV and PP.
Maybe bring some solar panels over.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

lots of china made solar panel in cambodia as it is, so does screws and fasterners which are of shitty quality, never had screws heads sheared off so easily before china made shits started flooding the market
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

bolueeleh wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:57 pm lots of china made solar panel in cambodia as it is, so does screws and fasterners which are of shitty quality, never had screws heads sheared off so easily before china made shits started flooding the market
Fasteners are so important in a building as its what that holds the building together, also in any project budget on screws is less than 3% of the total budget yet many owners or contractors wanna cut cost from screws when they should cut from the metal sheet or other parts of the building.

Roofing screw shear failures during construction is ok as can be corrected by replacing with better screws with warranty but can you imagine after installation and when building is in operation and screws start to pop its a disaster for the owner. The main reason for screw shear failure is in the process of heat treatment where the environment in the oven heating the screws are not properly controlled allowing hydrogen contamination this phenomenon is known to us as hydrogen embrittlement. A good heat treatment process will have the inside of the oven purged of any contamination with nitrogen this of course is not done in many heat treatment plants I saw in China.

In addition to hydrogen embrittlement a good roofing screw hardness has 2 parts which we call surface hardness and core hardness. The surface hardness has to be much more than the core, let me explain. First of all we need the screw to be very hard due to the stress on the screw when it is being drilled into steel structure during installation meaning it has to be hard enough to penetrate the steel structure and then the thread has to be hard enough to cut threads into the steel. Finally after a good installation the screw has to be soft enough to bend when the building structure moves due to temperature changes and this occurs in a cycle everyday, so the core of the screw has to be soft enough to allow this, we test bending to 15 degree on both sides without breaking. I have tested many Chinese screws and sad to say many brands has one hardness throughout.

Geeze I think I am talking too much, occupational hazard. By the way all my screws are NOT made in China despite being more expensive my fasteners are number 1 in terms of sales volume in Thailand :oops:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

what is the quick way to test or know if the screws are good?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

bolueeleh wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:49 pm what is the quick way to test or know if the screws are good?
Besides what I mentioned to reply you on shear failure there is another element of corrosion. So like I'd said before a good screw must have the ability to bend and one can clamp it on a vice and bend it 15 degree to one side and then the other side. Now here I am talking about long screws more like 50mm and above to be fixed to the crest of a roofing profile.

Corrosion is another big problem for any roof as corrosion sets in the screw the rust from the screws can cause the roof to be ugly with rust stains but much worst is that it is almost impossible to remove the screw for replacement. So a good corrosion resistant capability is very important for any roofing screw if the screw is exposed. A shiny screw from electro-zinc plating (yellow colour or bright silver colour) will not last more than 2 years in the best condition and in worst condition if the installation is close to the sea or industry area rust could set in within a year. One have to op for coated screws rather than electro-plated screws. Then of course there are good coating screws and there are bad coating screws.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic