Sihanoukville Square

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
best-case scenario
Tourist
United States of America

Sihanoukville Square

Post by best-case scenario »

I read that the Chinese have knocked down a lot of bars, restaurants, and other businesses in Sihanoukville. Is Sihanoukville Square still open?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Sihanoukville Square

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

best-case scenario wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 pm I read that the Chinese have knocked down a lot of bars, restaurants, and other businesses in Sihanoukville. Is Sihanoukville Square still open?
it is as far as i know, its only the beach thats been knocked down, and utopia bar/guesthouse
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
best-case scenario
Tourist
United States of America

Post by best-case scenario »

:thumb: thanks much for the info
Makewa
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Makewa »

The Golden Lion Plaza ("Pub Street") has been sold and will close in under a month.
The Square is owned by the woman that recently sold 40% of the main strip of Beach Road, from Beach Road Hotel to the now demolished Utopia, and the smart money is on the Square having a short future....

Also, non-compliant buildings throughout the province and islands face demolition orders; Utopia would have gone even if it wasn't sold to the Chinese, on account of the raw sewage flowing down the streets. Many bungalows on the Koh Rongs face demo orders for sewage and materials non-compliance.
Ditto.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Makewa wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 am The Golden Lion Plaza ("Pub Street") has been sold and will close in under a month.
The Square is owned by the woman that recently sold 40% of the main strip of Beach Road, from Beach Road Hotel to the now demolished Utopia, and the smart money is on the Square having a short future....

Also, non-compliant buildings throughout the province and islands face demolition orders; Utopia would have gone even if it wasn't sold to the Chinese, on account of the raw sewage flowing down the streets. Many bungalows on the Koh Rongs face demo orders for sewage and materials non-compliance.
Have to agree. IMO, any optimism to the contrary falls under delusions like
" Save yo Confederate dollars, The South is gonna rise again."
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Makewa
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Makewa »

A number of other business on the north side of Beach Road are going. The only one I am sure of is Mick and Craigs.
Ditto.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SHV is really changing, cant say for the better either, its been going downhill since 2014
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:48 pm SHV is really changing, cant say for the better either, its been going downhill since 2014
Hmm. That’s when I started coming here..

What ya talking about Willis?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Makewa wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:50 am A number of other business on the north side of Beach Road are going. The only one I am sure of is Mick and Craigs.
Are Monkey Republic & Big Easy still there?
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

When are the Ko Rongs gonna be demolished?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic