Power Washer

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
CJM555
Expatriate

Power Washer

Post by CJM555 »

Anyone have any info of shops in Phnom Penh selling power washer as or equivalent to Karcher type.
Similar to basic model K2 on the link below.
Cheers

http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Products/Ho ... ashers.htm
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Power Washer

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There is a new shop that opened 2 weeks ago called Home Fix on Mao Tse Toung that have a variety of Karcher products, including power washers. I will confirm the exact address for you later, it is up near the Intercon.

Edit: address is #224 Mao Tse Tung
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

I'd be interested in this too. Karcher is good stuff if one must use electric power.
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

Thanks Kiwi

I'll check out the shop and post info on what's available.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Updated Info on anyone wishing to purchase a Pressure washer (power washer is an incorrect term)

I have found a good selection of models available, both electric and gasoline engine.

I only looked into the electric models as they are more suitable but the gasoline ones looked a good buy as they were around the same price as the Karcher K5.

The Karcher K2, K3, K4 and the K5 models are available.
Main Dealer office is next to MayBank (see map)

Kimra Construction Mart
on street 432 (B on the map)
K4 at $382 & K5 at $520

They also had 25m garden hose ($23) and the INGCO connectors ($2) .. see picture below
Also sells Bosch and NIKATEC

Meng Leng Eav Co., Ltd.
Located at "A" on the map
An almost complete range of Karcher machines except the K4 (out of stock when I called)
A little more expensive than Kimra but a larger choice on display.

Home-Top
Now a supermarket thing going on downstairs but upstairs is still the same and they had the K2 model (and a smaller one) but I couldn't see a price and didn't bother asking as it was not what I was looking for.]

Home-Fix
Closed at the time of writing but I was told by the staff at Meng Leng Eav Co., Ltd. to try there.

NOTE
NIKATEC pressure washers. These are a chinese made machine and while technically they appear good value I suspect the components that are critically important in the long running of a pressure washer are likely to be sub-standard and of inferior quality.
Unless you know someone who has one already to vouch for its longevity and reliability ... caveat emptor ... as they say.

Bosch machines are also available and were priced similar to Karcher but since I have owned a Karcher pressure washer before and they are generally well engineered I haven't researched the Bosch machines.

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

2nd Update after purchase.

Homefix

50m half inch garden hose $38
male-male connector + 2 female connectors = $2.70

I cut the 50m hose into 30m and 20m lengths for ease of use when I only want a short length with the option to join them for the full 50m.

Karcher Main Dealer
The Karcher K4 ($382) took 2 days to arrive as they were on order and the bottle of cleaning solution was $11.
You have to buy at least 1 as it is a plug-n-play affair where the bottle feeds directly into the washer. But after it is empty you can refill it easily with your own solution. I am using a mix of floor cleaner and dishwashing soap.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Considering getting the K2 at Global. Figure it's good enough for my driveway and lanai area....Image

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic