Cambodia 12-month Visa Renewal

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Cambodia 12-month Visa Renewal

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Dropped my passport off to get another 12 mth renewal on Thursday, got a phone call yesterday to say that immigration won't renew because its more than 10 days before my current visa expires. Anyone else had this issue? Might take it to another renewal joint tomorrow and see if i have more luck.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Visa Renewal

Post by StroppyChops »

I don't have a link for you, but I seem to recall it needs to be dropped to an agent within a few days of expiry... a bloke raised this last year on 440 and ended up taking it on the last day of his current visa - no drama. Don't rely solely on my word though, obviously.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

If you have somewhere reliable (travel agent etc), just leave it with them and they'll submit it within the necessary time for you. I know a place if you need one. Have left them passport for 1 month and someone else I know left theirs for several months. Usual prices.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

I'll be interested to hear how you get on PSD_Kiwi. Mine is due for renewal at the end of October and I was hoping to get it done towards the end of this month to beat the 1 October price hike...
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Dropped my passport off to get another 12 mth renewal on Thursday, got a phone call yesterday to say that immigration won't renew because its more than 10 days before my current visa expires. Anyone else had this issue? Might take it to another renewal joint tomorrow and see if i have more luck.
Yes. This year has been a bit different, but in the past that has been pretty standard. They generally don't want to renew visas until the current visa is almost expired, but I don't think it's a hard and fast rule. Maybe try pleading special circumstances.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Cambodia 12-month Visa Renewal

Post by General Mackevili »

I can only report personally on renewing my visa this past December.

I was able to renew mine about 6 weeks before it expired, BUT I would lose the number of days I did it before the 30 days of expiration.

If I had waited until it was within 30 days of expiration, I wouldn't have lost any days.

I did it 10 days early, which means I lost 10 days from when it should have been extended to.

Yes, I know that's confusing.

I also know things may have changed a lot since December, 2013.

I should try mailing it back to one of you peeps and see if you can extend it in-country for another year while I'm here....hmmm
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Thanks guys. My current 12 mth visa doesn't expire until the end of October, but I'm headed back to Iraq soon and won't be back until November, which is why I tried to renew it now. I would've lost about 20 days by renewing more than a month before the expiry date, but it would have saved me using up another full page in my passport, and having to pay the increased visa cost after Oct 1st.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Thanks guys. My current 12 mth visa doesn't expire until the end of October, but I'm headed back to Iraq soon and won't be back until November, which is why I tried to renew it now. I would've lost about 20 days by renewing more than a month before the expiry date, but it would have saved me using up another full page in my passport, and having to pay the increased visa cost after Oct 1st.
Did they quote you the new price of extending your Cambodia visa for 12 months after October 1?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic