Suspect confesses to Phnom Penh double shooting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Suspect confesses to Phnom Penh double shooting

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PHNOM PENH - The gunman who shot and wounded a couple in a car at midnight at 12:30 pm on February 26, 2018, in Sen Sok district, Phnom Penh appeared before the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on March 7, 2018.
After going on the run for five days, the accused gave himself up to police and confessed to committing the shooting.
According to the perpetrator's confession before the court, he was named Bunteng, born in 1986, currently in the military, T53A, W23C7, Sangkat Chroy Changva, Khan Chroy Changvar, Phnom Penh.
He admitted to firing his Beretta handgun into the victims' Toyota Tacoma five times, but says he was he was angry and confused. Friends say that he was drinking in Diamond Salon Karaoke with them for quite some time before he left the club in his range rover.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

They took the photo with the sign in the background??????????????????
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sometimes, those cool gangsta people who carry guns shoot each other by mistake or through paranoia. Drugs are not mentioned.

March 9, 2018
Officer claims he shot couple over fear of death
The military police officer who turned himself in this week after firing a volley of bullets at a couple, hospitalising both, made his first court appearance on Wednesday after providing an explanation for his actions to police interrogators.

Kong Ravin, 30, was shot three times and his girlfriend Soeung Vin, 25, was shot twice two weeks ago in Phnom Penh’s Sen Sok district and they were sent to Calmette Hospital for treatment.
The couple had reportedly been in a near crash with the shooter, Bun Teng, 32, who later turned himself in to military police.

In an interrogation video released yesterday, Mr Teng claimed that he shot at the couple because he thought Mr Ravin was going to shoot him first.

Mr Teng explained that he knew the victims through a mutual friend and had been out with all of them a day before the attack, when he got into an argument with a separate person, misplacing a magazine from his gun during the scuffle.

Mr Teng said he went looking for his missing magazine the following day at the bar, then at his friend’s house, the mutual friend of the victims who was with him during the fight the day before.

While at his friend’s house, he spotted the two victims in their car outside the house.

“There were two people in the car when I arrived and I was alone in my car,” Mr Teng told military police. “When I pulled up next to the car of the victims, I rolled down my window and he also rolled down his car window and I asked him if he knew where my gun magazine was, but he did not answer.”

“It seemed like he was drunk,” he added. “Then, he acted as if he was pulling a gun from his waist, making me think that he was pulling a gun out to shoot me, so I took out my gun and shot at him five times.”
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50112838/of ... -of-death/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic