Would u return to Snookie... Is it now THAT bad?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Would u return to Snookie... Is it now THAT bad?

Post by paparazzi »

There was a meeting of Pub Street bar owners Monday. Watch this space!!!!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Someone should just ask Arnie, he owns the show.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

If your coming back to Sihanoukville to see your 'girlfriend' who works in a Pub Street bar you best move your trip forward.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

superferret wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 am I spent a few months in Sihanoukville over many visits and I left this year and never plan to go back again.
I have nothing to do there since they destroyed all the nightlife, it doesn't even have a decent supermarket or mall, and the expat population is not like Phnom Penh at all. On the other hand it's kind of dangerous living there, the water is dirty, I went swimming once and got a bacterial infection from Occheauteul beach, after that I didn't even feel like swimming there. So what can I do? No mall, no swimming, no nightlife? It used to be somewhat interesting like a Wild West kind of interesting place, but this Chinese takeover and razing Occheauteal beach was the last nail in the coffin for me. I don't find it interesting at all now.
There's supposed to be a mall in the Taiwanese tower block on the corner of Independence and Sokha.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

paparazzi wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:45 am If your coming back to Sihanoukville to see your 'girlfriend' who works in a Pub Street bar you best move your trip forward.
The chicks in Pub Street are all dried up old hags, I think you mean the Square.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 am
superferret wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 am I spent a few months in Sihanoukville over many visits and I left this year and never plan to go back again.
I have nothing to do there since they destroyed all the nightlife, it doesn't even have a decent supermarket or mall, and the expat population is not like Phnom Penh at all. On the other hand it's kind of dangerous living there, the water is dirty, I went swimming once and got a bacterial infection from Occheauteul beach, after that I didn't even feel like swimming there. So what can I do? No mall, no swimming, no nightlife? It used to be somewhat interesting like a Wild West kind of interesting place, but this Chinese takeover and razing Occheauteal beach was the last nail in the coffin for me. I don't find it interesting at all now.
There's supposed to be a mall in the Taiwanese tower block on the corner of Independence and Sokha.
Multiple malls planned or are already under construction and opening in 2018/2019 (D'Seaview, Blue Bay, Seagate, Blue Sky Tower, Ocean Mall, and Duty Free Mall at least). Also land for Makro has been acquired, but location unknown.

The "mall" at Pearl City is prepared to be open also btw.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 am
Multiple malls planned or are already under construction (D'Seaview, Blue Bay, Seagate, Blue Sky Tower, Ocean Mall, and Duty Free Mall at least). Also land for Makro has been acquired, but location unknown.

I've seen multiple cars in Pearl City's car park and outside the town houses. I was told it had been sold and it was up for grabs to be finished. Pity the houses all look like shit now. But yeah, that one had a mall planned originally. Is it Blue bay? On the corner of Sokha beach, just before the final or right bend into the Independence drag. It's definitely Taiwanese not Chinese.

EDIT, meh, it's a bit wiggly, maybe left anyhoo
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Makro is going to Otres.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

Keven at Bundy Bar saying 2 months left before Pub Street finished on his advertisment online just now.

Hope they get support till the end as Pub Street has given us many great times.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:08 am
rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 am
Multiple malls planned or are already under construction (D'Seaview, Blue Bay, Seagate, Blue Sky Tower, Ocean Mall, and Duty Free Mall at least). Also land for Makro has been acquired, but location unknown.

I've seen multiple cars in Pearl City's car park and outside the town houses. I was told it had been sold and it was up for grabs to be finished. Pity the houses all look like shit now. But yeah, that one had a mall planned originally. Is it Blue bay? On the corner of Sokha beach, just before the final or right bend into the Independence drag. It's definitely Taiwanese not Chinese.

EDIT, meh, it's a bit wiggly, maybe left anyhoo
Blue Bay is the big condo building under construction on the Independence beach (left side if you look towards sea). First 3 floors is a retail podium. Supposed to be ready early 2019.
Pearl City already has the mall building, but inside it seems to be more PP's central market style than western style mall. They have been cleaning and painting inside now for a month. Probably opens soon. Most of the Pearl's town houses have been occupied by Chinese already for a year or so. Shophouses i think are still mostly empty.

D'Seaview's open air community mall should open this year. The duty free mall opens this year too. Rest 2019/2020/2021.
Last edited by rogerrabbit on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic