Would u return to Snookie... Is it now THAT bad?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Re: Would u return to Snookie... Is it now THAT bad?

Post by Ricky Shaw »

No glory in the hole?
rozzieoz wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:59 am I’ve grown out of love with SNV, it’s not the place I moved to three-plus-something years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

taabarang wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:31 pm
taabarang wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:19 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:10 pm id rather move back to Hua Hin in Thailand than move back to SHV,
quite happy in PP now for the time being
Yeah the longevity foreigners used to enjoy almost everywhere in the KofW has suddenly transmogrified into "now for the time being."
i think a lot of thats to do with the new stricter laws for the long term visas,

That's definitely part of it. But I sense a greater degradation in life quality. Bad goes to worse faster than it reverts to good.
I agree, it's not only the visa situation.
Prices are up, tolerance and respect for westerners seems to have gone down somewhat (in many ways deservedly so, though honestly I can't really describe previous cohorts as especially worthy of respect, so I think it's just the sheer numbers and possibly the facebook effect), Chinese and Korean influence everywhere, and politically what was once a fairly transparently grudging, lip-service, though polite attitude towards the west has degenerated to outright vitriol.
Last edited by finbar on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Never. I was in Sihanoukville for a couple of days in 2006, it pissed rain most of the time and I thought the place was the fucking pits, so never went back there.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

I think Thailandshe beaches seem to be a logical step forward. If the Chinese in Snookie are ruining it, then seems no point staying. I guess Vietnam also will seem more attractive now.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

fuck los, no happy pizza :bong:
thru shit to more shit
RickOrMorty
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by RickOrMorty »

it has been a year but i plan to go back. it's a nice change for me from the Thai beaches, which always have too many Chinese tour groups, Russian criminals, loud Aussies and other assorted annoying people. far less crowded, better looking girls, more locals and cheaper beer! :lol:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

RickOrMorty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:04 am it has been a year but i plan to go back. it's a nice change for me from the Thai beaches, which always have too many Chinese tour groups, Russian criminals, loud Aussies and other assorted annoying people. far less crowded, better looking girls, more locals and cheaper beer! :lol:
a lots changed in the year since you were last there...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:57 am Does poo cock rock? Or is it left to Ko flea pit wrong? 😂
Poo cock not rock. I just spent four weeks there, and while it's a nice place to go for a few days if you want to chill out on a beach, there's nothing else to do. You can go to tourist beaches or you can go to deserted beaches. There is no 'western' shopping (a couple of stores in Duong Dong have a few import goods... mostly Korean). The whole south west coast of the island from Long Beach down to An Thoi has been razed to make way for huge, expensive, luxury resort/condo/villa developments. It's now mostly a hot, flat, barren 'wasteland' with of piles of sand and concrete roads... between nothing... going nowhere. I can't imagine the area being 'nice' for several years; I'm sure they will plant trees (and vegetation grows fast in the tropics) but right now it's depressing. There are almost no apartments on the island. It's all hotels/resorts and geared to tourists.
You could be next.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

So ur saying poo cock= shit? :2girlsit8:
tarariverboat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by tarariverboat »

i think i been 3 or 4 times in 14 years,never liked the place,coped some sort of bug in the guts 3 out of the 4 times i was there,last time i went about 8 months ago,wasted a week looking at a small boat business,the Captain had gone on the drink a few months ago and was not available:) the owner had given up,and i coped a bad pizza and had to get the hell out of that town:( however i do have a few mates living there and they love it,and cant understand why i stay in Siem Reap:) horses for courses i guess
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic