Several Foreigners Detained at Golden Lion's Circle in Sihanoukville for Traffic Violations

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Several Foreigners Detained at Golden Lion's Circle in Sihanoukville for Traffic Violations

Post by John Bingham »

I like her.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Several Foreigners Detained at Golden Lion's Circle in Sihanoukville for Traffic Violations

Post by bolueeleh »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:57 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Image
Haha, the face you make when you get stopped by the cops with a hooker in tow...​ Stay classy Sihanoukville!
Haha Ah Ka and her latest boyfriend Ben
haha shld save the photo n paste on her wall
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

bolueeleh wrote:
Haha, the face you make when you get stopped by the cops with a hooker in tow...​ Stay classy Sihanoukville!
She should use it as her Facebook profile pic.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:56 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:52 pm
cigar wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:42 pm Can a tourist with a valid Thai motorcycle driver's license legally drive a motorcycle in Cambodia?
NO, at least thats what the police in SNV told me about my 5 year Thai license and than charged me :beer3:
and told me how it was much better i pay him or otherwise they might confiscate my thai registered car if i was made to go to the station to pay the fine
You aren't allowed to drive a Thai car in Cambodia any further than 200km from the border. Might be 180km. Anyhow, it's not as far as Shv.
So how do all the Thai vehicles get to SHV for the Thai Markets, which I have also seen at Veal Rinh and in Kampot as well???
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

one_dolla wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 am
cptrelentless wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:56 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:52 pm
cigar wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:42 pm Can a tourist with a valid Thai motorcycle driver's license legally drive a motorcycle in Cambodia?
NO, at least thats what the police in SNV told me about my 5 year Thai license and than charged me :beer3:
and told me how it was much better i pay him or otherwise they might confiscate my thai registered car if i was made to go to the station to pay the fine
You aren't allowed to drive a Thai car in Cambodia any further than 200km from the border. Might be 180km. Anyhow, it's not as far as Shv.
So how do all the Thai vehicles get to SHV for the Thai Markets, which I have also seen at Veal Rinh and in Kampot as well???
Some sort of import permit is required. You have to get a bit of paper from Phnom Penh.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:36 pm
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
best-case scenario
Tourist
United States of America

Post by best-case scenario »

I have a valid US driver's license and International Driving Permit. Will I have any trouble with Sihanoukville police on a XR250?
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

best-case scenario wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 am I have a valid US driver's license and International Driving Permit. Will I have any trouble with Sihanoukville police on a XR250?
Yes, if they stop you. You're driving without a valid license for Cambodia, and they can legally fine you for that.

My experience is that the more "professional" you look, the less likely it is they will stop you. Proper gear, helmet, boots etc
tonetone420
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tonetone420 »

best-case scenario wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 am I have a valid US driver's license and International Driving Permit. Will I have any trouble with Sihanoukville police on a XR250?
Just drive past them, make sure to keep your speed up so they dont stand in front of you. If they wont chase you on a 125 they sure as hell won't chase you on a 250. Only stop if its an actual roadblock with the barriers, signs, and higher amount of police, especailly if they are wearing green uniforms. They're looking to shake you down.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by paparazzi »

They accept International Driving Licence. Just make sure it includes motorbike.

Keep lights off during day. Wear helmet. Doubt they will stop you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic