Japanese electric toilets rule

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Japanese electric toilets rule

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Japanese electric toilets are complex, so an easy international sign language has been developed to explain how they work to foreigners.

Japanese electric toilet symbols go global
28 February 2018
Six pictograms, including one illustrating a stylised bottom, have been accepted as the global standard for the use of electric toilets.

Japan's Kyodo News Service says that the six illustrations have been accepted by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, to show users which buttons to press when operating high-tech Japanese toilets and bidets.

The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry says it's aimed at making life less daunting for tourists visiting the country, especially given the rush of visitors expected for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.

The Japan Sanitary Equipment Industry Association devised the symbols last year after manufacturers agreed to use the same images on all of their products, and they've now declared that "anyone can use an electric toilet with confidence".

They also hope that the standard symbols will help sales of the high-tech toilets, complete with their hot-water flushes and self-closing lids, around the world.
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from ... e-43224316
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Japanese electric toilets rule

Post by Cruisemonkey »

WTF is the first one... typhoon mode??? The second one, I don't have fuckin' clue either.

I tried to use one of the stupid things once and had water shooting across the room. :roll:
You could be next.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

First would be full flush, and second would be half flush.

But I'm just guessing. I will defer to BKKTRAPPER's greater knowledge of all things Japanese.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Lol. Full flush, light flush, back wash,front wash,lift seat, close lid.
(It's written underneath.)
What I hate most are the toilets that self-flush unexpectedly when you are sitting on them. :head shot:
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

First trial run made me jump as water was freezing and I had sat too far back. Almost shot my nuts off.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

fancy japanese toilet - 1000$, bum gun - 3$, look of bewilderment from your guests - priceless
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:48 am First would be full flush, and second would be half flush.

But I'm just guessing. I will defer to BKKTRAPPER's greater knowledge of all things Japanese.
nearly all toilets are electronic in japan.

all those buttons are impossible to figure out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic