Non-smoking airports ?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Non-smoking airports ?

Post by frank lee bent »

yep, it is to punish us.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Go in a bathroom. Go to a stall. Light up. Take a few puffs. Flush it. Go to next bathroom. Repeat. Just don't do it for more than a few drags.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Go in a bathroom. Go to a stall. Light up. Take a few puffs. Flush it. Go to next bathroom. Repeat. Just don't do it for more than a few drags.
I wouldn't, in Australia. Those airport security guys are frustrated wannabe cops and just dying for the chance to be officious - and the sensors are stupidly sensitive in Oz.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

StroppyChops wrote:I wouldn't, in Australia. Those airport security guys are frustrated wannabe cops and just dying for the chance to be officious - and the sensors are stupidly sensitive in Oz.
Blow the smoke into a wet handkerchief or cover the sensors with a plastic cup (use super glue - never forget super glue if you go to an airport :D ) - that helps, but of course .....situation is just crazy.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Francis wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:I wouldn't, in Australia. Those airport security guys are frustrated wannabe cops and just dying for the chance to be officious - and the sensors are stupidly sensitive in Oz.
Blow the smoke into a wet handkerchief or cover the sensors with a plastic cup (use super glue - never forget super glue if you go to an airport :D ) - that helps, but of course .....situation is just crazy.
Thx for the tip, but I'm pretty sure that superglue is one of the many banned substances - also slightly inflammable !

Maybe smoke with your head actually in the toilet bowl,(while flushing- LOL), but frankly, even a really evil smoking room would be better.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thx for the tip, but I'm pretty sure that superglue is one of the many banned substances - also slightly inflammable !
Fuck, banned ??? Even my underwear is slightly inflammable ! Nevertheless :D ...long live anarchy. The world gives me the impression that we need it.

As a substitute one could use THIS:

Absolutely legal
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Fuck, banned ??? Even my underwear is slightly inflammable ! Nevertheless :D ...long live anarchy. The world gives me the impression that we need it
Yeah, that's probably why they've also banned farting in the airport :lol:
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

gluestick...legal FOR NOW.
SKOAL, works for me.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Ahhh, one of my pet topics. In Canada, you can smoke outside. But once in the pre-flight security zones, not a chance. Canada, land of punishers. No one is allowed to have fun, even with a legal substance.

I recently transited through London Heathrow for the first time in decades, literally. The new terminal does not have a smoking room whereas I'm told the older terminals do. I was unhappy because I'd just finished a 12-hour jump and was waiting for another 7-hour flight. No smokies.

I know now that my test of transiting through UK/Europe will be my one and only use of Euro airports in decades. It's back to transiting through Asian ones for me. Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei, Phnom Penh and Bangkok ALL have smoking rooms. Tokyo's Narita is like a gentlemen's club. Incheon's (Seoul) are nice too. Taipei's, my first time recently, are like little outrigger rooms with normal outside air vents, windows and screens but no air con. Still, better than HK's sealed and weakly vented rooms. But I'm not complaining! LOL
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Sydney doesn't have one but you can go outside. Aussie Visa is $40, it's electronic and good for 1 year. Just get it and walk out and chill before your next flight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic