Armed Thugs Drug & Rob Australian Tourist in Phnom Penh; Victim Puts Photos of Thieves on Reddit

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Armed Thugs Drug & Rob Australian Tourist in Phnom Penh; Victim Puts Photos of Thieves on Reddit

Post by Beerinthemorning »

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:02 am
JimmySlippery wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 am Honestly I think nothing will come of this, they'll probably fuck a few more people up, get caught eventually and end of story. The least I can do is display their photos and my story as a warning to others about this particular group. Good luck and stay safe.
I, I, Jimmy. You don't look so slippery now.

I'd say ... go get them yourself. I would. You seem to want everyone else to do it.

Course, you could pay someone. That would give you redemption.
I would say leave Phnom phen , forget about these guys and move on.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Armed Thugs Drug & Rob Australian Tourist in Phnom Penh; Victim Puts Photos of Thieves on Reddit

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:46 am
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:02 am
JimmySlippery wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 am Honestly I think nothing will come of this, they'll probably fuck a few more people up, get caught eventually and end of story. The least I can do is display their photos and my story as a warning to others about this particular group. Good luck and stay safe.
I, I, Jimmy. You don't look so slippery now.

I'd say ... go get them yourself. I would. You seem to want everyone else to do it.

Course, you could pay someone. That would give you redemption.
I would say leave Phnom phen , forget about these guys and move on.
Trapper, you gotz like minus 22 karma. AS in -. That must have been some feat.

But Jimmy here ... he has some specific close ups, grainy distance shots of people full on. He's a <mod edit- we don't do baiting and flaming here>.

Am I the only one to see it? R youz just draggin this moron out?
JimmySlippery
Tourist
Australia

Post by JimmySlippery »

Believe me I've thought about it. Now that I know what he looks like. I'm not a violent person and wouldn't bring a weapon unless I thought my life was in danger. However I'm past the stage of anger.

When I go back, and I'll have his photo as my background, if I recognise him things could turn ugly. Not a direct threat but these guys can't go on like this with no repercussions.
JimmySlippery
Tourist
Australia

Post by JimmySlippery »

Batshit are you calling me a troll or the other guy?
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

JimmySlippery wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 pm Believe me I've thought about it. Now that I know what he looks like. I'm not a violent person and wouldn't bring a weapon unless I thought my life was in danger. However I'm past the stage of anger.

When I go back, and I'll have his photo as my background, if I recognise him things could turn ugly. Not a direct threat but these guys can't go on like this with no repercussions.
I see. So what EXACTLY are you doing about this incident? Just askin.

I'm callin it like I see it, Slippery Jimmy. Tell us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth ......... unless you wanna tell a story.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

JimmySlippery wrote:Honestly I think nothing will come of this, they'll probably fuck a few more people up, get caught eventually and end of story. The least I can do is display their photos and my story as a warning to others about this particular group. Good luck and stay safe.
I believe your story, 100%, and thanks for signing up to CEO.

And you're right, nothing will probably come of it, unfortunately, but it's a good reminder that this shit happens in Cambodia more often than some people think.

I also think your statement about "gunshots" is plausible. Without more info to say what the shots were for, or by who, it seems silly to say it's not true.

I think the expats who were here in the 90's remember a time when gunshots were the norm, but to think it NEVER happens now isn't accurate either.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
JimmySlippery
Tourist
Australia

Post by JimmySlippery »

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 pm

I'm callin it like I see it, Slippery Jimmy. Tell us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth ......... unless you wanna tell a story.
Yeah you're not even a good troll. I'm an honest person, nothing will come off this most likley, just want to raise awareness so other can stay safe. For all of those who believe in me thank you and safe travels.

Most tuk tuks are ok even if they try to rip off tourists. Just going to stick to passapp mostly and befriend the expats and tourist. A shame a few dickheads ruined my day but I'm over that. The photos are there in case you know or recognise them, and I'm telling you to avoid.

Basically I'm going to do nothing other than post their photos for other peoples safety.

My name is from the series Better Call Saul (great show) doesn't mean I'm slippery or whatever you're applying.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

JimmySlippery wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 am Honestly I think nothing will come of this...
I think the authorities would be interested if they saw the picture of the guys wandering around with guns so close to government buildings.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

@JimmySlippery the public shared Google album strips out location data, but the original images may still have it. Have you checked?
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

JimmySlippery wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:49 pm
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Yeah you're not even a good troll. I'm an honest person, nothing will come off this most likley, just want to raise awareness so other can stay safe. For all of those who believe in me thank you and safe travels.

Most tuk tuks are ok even if they try to rip off tourists. Just going to stick to passapp mostly and befriend the expats and tourist. A shame a few dickheads ruined my day but I'm over that. The photos are there in case you know or recognise them, and I'm telling you to avoid.

Basically I'm going to do nothing other than post their photos for other peoples safety.

My name is from the series Better Call Saul (great show) doesn't mean I'm slippery or whatever you're applying.
I have to disagree that nothing will come of it. Police here are like the mafia, they want to know everything that's going in, in fact if you contact the right department, the cops there probably know who these guys are. If you're not in Cambodia you can't file a report but you can still inform the cops and your pictures could just be the evidence the cops need to go after these guys they already know. If I were you I would send it the police central and also the local neighborhood where you think they may be located. As for informing us, thanks but telling us to avoid these guys is kind of ridiculous, Phnom Penh has 1.5 million people, do you think anyone here would recognize a couple bad boy Cambodians from a forum picture if they saw them in real life?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic