Dutchman Hendricus Andreas Rens Couweleers,29, Dies Peacefully While Riding Moto

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Dutchman Hendricus Andreas Rens Couweleers,29, Dies Peacefully While Riding Moto

Post by prahocalypse now »

In Siem Reap province a 29-year-old Dutchman Hendricus Anderas Rens died while on motorbike ride with a group of friends.

During the ride, he stopped suddenly because he was feeling nauseous. He vomited and died.

source: arey-news
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Dutchman Hendricus Andreas Rens Couweleers,29, Dies Peacefully While Riding Moto

Post by General Mackevili »

Definitely one in the same. RIP.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Dutchman Hendricus Andreas Rens Couweleers,29, Dies Peacefully While Riding Moto

Post by Cam Nivag »

What the hell? I saw this title and though PN was having a go at us over the "tops himself" debate.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:05 pm What the hell? I saw this title and though PN was having a go at us over the "tops himself" debate.
I'm pretty sure that is his facetious response to it.

Poor guy, sounds like he may have had a brain aneurysm or stroke. RIP
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Post by Алина Анисимов »

I heard from a friend who is living up there that it was definitely a heart attack, unless of course the tuk tuk had a shower installed then he may have slipped in it. How strange it is , maybe some reaction to food, it's a shame we will never know.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:18 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:05 pm What the hell? I saw this title and though PN was having a go at us over the "tops himself" debate.

Can you think of a more peaceful moto-related death in Cambodia? I'd like to see a link to a story about one if you can find it.

Normally when people die while out riding a motorcycle in Cambodia, it is an extemely violent death. People get smashed by SUVS, crushed beyond recognition by trucks and busses, decapitated, penetrated by falling objects, and more. There is usually a lot of blood spilt on the road. Sometimes brains. The victims usually suffer extreme pain in the last moments of life whilst rubberneckers take photos and videos on their smartphones. Occasionally a female partner or relative wails in despair.

In contrast, the late Dutchman simply pulled over, vomited, and died. In the context of Cambodian motorcycle road deaths, that's as peaceful as it gets.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:20 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Can you think of a more peaceful moto-related death in Cambodia? I'd like to see a link to a story about one if you can find it.
Also peaceful. RIP.
post109345.html#p109345
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

It was in Battambang. He 'had a panic attack' and died on the way to hospital. Cholera and dehydration have been mentioned.
Source. They were coming here....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Cholera ? In which shit hole would you find it ?! :stir:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic