Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 5289
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1535
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by hanno »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm I do not find that expensive at all as I guess they will not stay in 3-Dollar dorms and drink 50-Cent beers.
Really? I think I would find it hard to spend $450 a day in Cambodia, no matter how good the hotels are.
I should think that a large part of that dough goes to the expert, Linden Shaffer, that will lead the group.

You'd pay about the same for a guided bird tour, and the accommodation and food are very basic.

I have been working in tourism for a while and a 10-day package for 5 grand is nothing extraordinary.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8923
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4572
Burkina Faso

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by John Bingham »

A bird expert is one thing, a pseudo-scientific charlatan is a quite another.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 5289
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1535
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 pm A bird expert is one thing, a pseudo-scientific charlatan is a quite another.
Agreed, but if there are people willing to pay for it.....
User avatar
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 pm
Reputation: 75
Cambodia

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by Beerinthemorning »

hanno wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:20 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 pm A bird expert is one thing, a pseudo-scientific charlatan is a quite another.
Agreed, but if there are people willing to pay for it.....
its a scam, the trip could be done for alot less through private taxis, privately booked hotels and tours.

packaged tourists are the worst breed of traveler....
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8923
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4572
Burkina Faso

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by John Bingham »

hanno wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:20 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 pm A bird expert is one thing, a pseudo-scientific charlatan is a quite another.
Agreed, but if there are people willing to pay for it.....
Fair point, if Gwyneth Paltrow can get over-privileged morons to pay $120 for Body Vibes stickers, which are “embedded with a specific combination of bio-frequencies designed to enhance and activate particular targeted systems", $90 a month "High School Genes" pills, $55 jade "Vaginal Eggs", "Balls In The Air” pills to give you "extra boosts of energy throughout your day by boosting the body’s levels of glutathione", and $500 - $2000 tickets to "Wellness Summits" held in NYC car parks, it seems like a good game to get into.

https://goop.com/ingoophealth/

:facepalm:

I forgot about the $2400 Spirt (sic) Animal rings:

https://goop.com/style/trends/guide-spirit-animals/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14605
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2642
Location: កម្ពុជា
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm I do not find that expensive at all as I guess they will not stay in 3-Dollar dorms and drink 50-Cent beers.
Really? I think I would find it hard to spend $450 a day in Cambodia.
you can do some decent balling on $450 a day :beer3: :tophat:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 8923
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 4572
Burkina Faso

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 pm
cautious colin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm I do not find that expensive at all as I guess they will not stay in 3-Dollar dorms and drink 50-Cent beers.
Really? I think I would find it hard to spend $450 a day in Cambodia.
you can do some decent balling on $450 a day :beer3: :tophat:
Sure, but these dupes aren't likely to be doing much balling. They are paying way over the odds for snake oil. If they can afford it and it makes them happy then who cares, but they are fucking idiots nonetheless.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14605
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2642
Location: កម្ពុជា
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 pm
cautious colin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm I do not find that expensive at all as I guess they will not stay in 3-Dollar dorms and drink 50-Cent beers.
Really? I think I would find it hard to spend $450 a day in Cambodia.
you can do some decent balling on $450 a day :beer3: :tophat:
Sure, but these dupes aren't likely to be doing much balling. They are paying way over the odds for snake oil. If they can afford it and it makes them happy then who cares, but they are fucking idiots nonetheless.
yeah, i might set up my own tour group for men wanting to go and see the sights of the bars and KTVs, i could do it for $5000 for 11 nights, all Hotels, Food and Drinks included, and still end up with change in my pocket!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:50 pm
Reputation: 74
Canada

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by Gardiguy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 pm
cautious colin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm I do not find that expensive at all as I guess they will not stay in 3-Dollar dorms and drink 50-Cent beers.
Really? I think I would find it hard to spend $450 a day in Cambodia.
you can do some decent balling on $450 a day :beer3: :tophat:
Sure, but these dupes aren't likely to be doing much balling. They are paying way over the odds for snake oil. If they can afford it and it makes them happy then who cares, but they are fucking idiots nonetheless.
yeah, i might set up my own tour group for men wanting to go and see the sights of the bars and KTVs, i could do it for $5000 for 11 nights, all Hotels, Food and Drinks included, and still end up with change in my pocket!
I know there are tour packages like that in the Dominican Republic. Maybe a little more sophisticated, ie party bus picks you up at the airport, VIP treatment, etc. Would probably get you arrested here though.
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4441
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 824
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Find your Zen moment on a $5000 Cambodia wellness tour

Post by bolueeleh »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 pm
you can do some decent balling on $450 a day :beer3: :tophat:
here ye here ye
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SternAAlbifrons and 77 guests