Homeless English Teacher MARK JOHNSON & Arab Arrested in Phnom Penh Outside the Royal Palace

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Homeless Barang & Arab Arrested in Phnom Penh Outside the Royal Palace

Post by prahocalypse now »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 pm :evil:thank god Mark is in the hands of the authority he needs help.
Why does he need help?
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 pm :evil:thank god Mark is in the hands of the authority he needs help.
PIEMAN is friends with every Western vagrant and arrestee in town.
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm
Why does he need help?
idk, he's been selling fresh baked tube-steaks to sex mongers on st. 136 without a business license?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 am So, this is interesting. Mark Johnson claims he works at Northbridge International School Cambodia (NISC) on his LinkedIn profile. He says he's been a teacher there since December 2016, but I find it hard to believe that a teacher at Northbridge would end up homeless like that.

I worked at Northbridge briefly in 2006 (filling in for a friend who had to go abroad for a couple of weeks) and knew the ESL teacher, I think he only worked one or two days a week, so I'm not sure they even employ a full-time ESL teacher there. Anyway, he looks like someone with serious alcohol problems in his Linkedin photo.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:53 pm I worked at Northbridge briefly in 2006 (filling in for a friend who had to go abroad for a couple of weeks) and knew the ESL teacher, I think he only worked one or two days a week, so I'm not sure they even employ a full-time ESL teacher there.
John, please tell me how, what you did over a decade ago, for 2 measly weeks, is even remotely relevant to this case?

Anyway, I don't see him on NB's staff list so who knows.

Pretty big fall from grace if it's true.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Gibbon's arms, when are you going to ever post anything at all relevant or even slightly interesting. Sniping at other posters might amuse you, but nobody else wants to read your constant bickering. You're like the schoolmarm of the forums.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:39 pm blah blah

Noboby's sniping at you. I asked you a question.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

shlomo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:53 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm
Why does he need help?
idk, he's been selling fresh baked tube-steaks to sex mongers on st. 136 without a business license?
Do you think the cops will ever cart him off?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote:Gibbon's arms, when are you going to ever post anything at all relevant or even slightly interesting. Sniping at other posters might amuse you, but nobody else wants to read your constant bickering. You're like the schoolmarm of the forums.
Good call, Johnny. He's on Mod Preview. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Northbridge only employ real teachers, not someone who looks like that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic