Naked American Arrested Walking Around Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Naked Frenchman Arrested Walking Around Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ashcroftie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am
increasing since when?
Increasing since when I settled here 15 years ago.
And seriously increasing in the last couple of years.
If you haven't noticed that, you must be blind.
i can only comment from the past 5-6 years, and i spent most of that down in SHV, full of crazies down there lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:27 pm
Cam Nivag wrote:
Believe it or not, some of your readers are not meth-addled zombies and can read Khmer or have wives/girlfriends who can read Khmer. Just give them the source of the translated news articles you post, you paranoid, greasy, fat fuck, click whore.
Exactly! The Khmer said he's French. I think it's one of those cases of the word "Barang" being a bit ambiguous.

Jeez, you left out cock trumpet, and my favorite, "shitheel." :facepalm:

And he does "seem" to have an accent, as you pointed out. I haven't had the time to watch it from beginning to end yet though, just heard him singing, "yes, yes, yes, yeeeeeees..." Image
It sounds better if you put greasy before paranoid but it still won't work.

See; You greasy paranoid, fat-fuck, cock trumpet, shitheel, click whore.

Cock trumpet and shitheel only really fit where click whore is, and you need click whore!

Nah, won't work together. :stir:
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Naked American Arrested Walking Around Phnom Penh, Cambodia (VIDEO)

Post by Micmac »

I wonder what the Khmer people really think when they see privileged white people running around all crazy like.

Do they think, aww poor white guy needs help.

Or just think another rich white cunt gone off the rails..
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Micmac wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:58 am I wonder what the Khmer people really think when they see privileged white people running around all crazy like.

Do they think, aww poor white guy needs help.

Or just think another rich white cunt gone off the rails..

I don't know... but why do they always get naked? Can't one be crazy and clothed?
You could be next.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:03 am
Ashcroftie wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:43 pm And consequently take their measures to prevent it as much as they can. Think about what that'll be.
Well, I suggested seven such measures in my article, "7 Ways Cambodia Can Solve its Foreign Dude" problem.
Speaking of click whores...
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 am

I don't know... but why do they always get naked? Can't one be crazy and clothed?
Because they have a great physique and want to show it off :Yahoo!:

The meth diet works everytime.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

soup wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 am It sounds better if you put greasy before paranoid but it still won't work.

See; You greasy paranoid, fat-fuck, cock trumpet, shitheel, click whore.

Cock trumpet and shitheel only really fit where click whore is, and you need click whore!

Nah, won't work together. :stir:
There's a definite need on forums for a workshop on the order of adjectives when posting insults.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

There's a definite need on forums for a workshop on the order of adjectives when posting insults.

Better yet would be the formation of L'Académie de CEO, forging new frontiers and boundaries of English language usage. "To go where no dangling participle has ever gone before."
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

A Basic Guide to the Correct Use of English Profanity

I’m going to warn you right now - some of the language that follows is going to be pretty fucking strong. There are going to be nasty, derogatory references to male and female genitalia, bodily functions, sexual acts, and some hygiene products. Some of these will be offensive to almost any set of sensibilities. That is, I must admit, kinda the point. You may want to stop reading now, in fact.

It’s about time someone wrote a proper paper on how to use English profanity effectively. I look at the young people today hoping that TYPING IN ALL CAPS will make their weak, unstructured swearing more impressive, and all I feel is pity. English is perhaps the most exquisitely expressive language on Earth, with a working vocabulary twice the size of most languages, and a history of pure invective that can stand up against any living tongue. Any truly fluent English speaker should be able to use all the words, even the rude ones. No, especially the rude ones.

Ask yourself: how often in your daily life do you need to describe someone as ebullient, and how often do you need to describe someone as a bottom-feeding prick? How often is your personal situation temeritous, and how often is it utterly fucked? To embrace profanity is to embrace the stuff of everyday life, and be far more able to discuss it realistically.

Some might question my qualifications to lecture others on how to swear. To this I can only offer a brief biographical sketch. My late mother had a godawful habit of ordering flat-packed furniture by mail and not wanting to assemble or arrange it. These tasks she quite sensibly delegated to her son. My understanding with mom was this: I would assemble whatever damn thing she ordered and arrange it however the fuck she wanted, but she forfeited any right to complain about any fucking language I employed in the dick-wrenchingly unpleasant process of putting those ungodly cocksuckers together. The point is, I got an awful lot of practice swearing. Fucking Ikea. The fact is, English profanity is a form of poetry. The rules and guidelines of English poetry provide structures and forms with which we can understand how best to cuss in this glorious, filthy language of ours. No, I’m not kidding.

Basic vocabulary

Fuck. Damn. Hell. Shit. Cock. Ass. Dick. Bitch. Douche. Bastard. Pussy. Piss. Tits. Prick. Cunt.

These are your basic building blocks, the foundation on which a skilled swearer will construct mighty edifices of profanity. I know that many consider cunt to be a bridge too far, a cuss word beyond a certain pale, and I respect their restraint even if I do not always share it. Some feminists decry the word as a gendered insult (which, to be fair, it is, along with its lesser cousins bitch and whore), others work to reclaim it. Myself, I am often wary of overly gendered insults in practice; I worry that their history causes them to carry a problematic weight beyond their immediate usefulness. Ultimately, one uses whatever vocabulary one is comfortable with.

The important thing to remember is that, when swearing good and hard, any of these words may function as nearly any part of speech. Most of them are designed that way, able to function as verbs or nouns interchangeably, but if you’re on a roll and you need cock to be a verb, then it is. Fuck is probably the most 'flexible' word in the English language. In a single sentence, a truly skilled swearer may have it function as a: noun, pronoun, adjective, determiner, verb, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection. Language is ultimately a tool of communication, and must serve that end. If you need to communicate that someone is a fathomless ass-cocking son of a bitch, then that’s what you need to do.

Beyond the basic words are the modifiers, of which there are an infinite variety. “Son of a—” can function as a useful prefix, and while it is typically and easily attached to bitch and whore, it can go anywhere. Consider the usefulness of “Son of a BASTARD!” when trying to get an engine to turn over.

Likewise, always consider the possible use of an appropriate preface - guaranteed to offend the religious sensibilities of the people in your physical location - before launching into the main body of profanity. For example, when pick-pocketed in the Vatican - JESUS FUCKIN' CHRIST! Caution: In much of the Muslim world, the use of Mu-fuckin'-hammad may lead to the amputation of your head at the neck if you're stupid enough to use it. You dumb cunt.

There are also various verbs that can be appended to obscene nouns, such as suck, lick, eat, nuzzle, guzzle, rub, beat, snort, and so on. For example, referring to someone as a dickbeating shitsucker has an appealingly counter-intuitive tone.

Almost anything can be appended to one of the core words as a suffix, with its own subtle shades of meaning. Consider the implicit distinctions between calling someone a fuckwad, a fuckhole, a fuckstick, a fuckbasket, or a fuckknob. I myself am fond of the -monger suffix, as in: cockmonger, dickmonger, cuntmonger, and shitmonger. With practice, you will discover your own favourites. The important thing to remember is that almost nothing is off-limits.

Rhythm

This is the key to truly great swearing. If you learn nothing else, learn rhythm. The rhythms of spoken English are gorgeous, to the point that non-speakers can imitate our cadences and produce a kick-ass song with no actual English words. And the grand tradition of English poetry has developed useful and elegant tools that apply just as well to cussing a blue streak.

An iamb is an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable. “Lick shit” is an iamb, with the emphasis falling hard on “shit”. “Go eat a bag of honey-roasted dicks” is five iambs in succession, unstressed-stressed, unstressed-stressed, and so on, thus making it a fine example of English iambic pentameter. English is, after all, the language of Shakespear.

More useful in day-to-day swearing, however, are trochees. A trochee is a stressed syllable followed by an unstressed syllable, and as has been pointed out, they’re everywhere in English. “Asshole” is one good example, as are “fuckbag” and “dickhead”. “Fuck your bitchwad mother in the asshole” would be an example of trochaic pentameter, for those keeping track.

Perhaps my own personal favourite constructions, however, are dactyls. A dactyl is a stressed syllable followed by two unstressed syllables, as in “cockknocking” “cuntmonger” or “rat-bastard”. They form elegant, Seussian constructions such as “Dick-licking shitworthy ungodly son of a douchebucket”, which is, in keeping with the previous two paragraphs, dactylic pentameter.

These are hardly the only syllabic forms that emerge from the structures of spoken English, but they will do as a starting point. This is, after all, merely a primer in basic principles of profanity. Further study will prove rewarding for the serious scholar.

Alliteration and Assonance

This is where we begin to separate out the truly great cussers from the mere foul-mouthed motherfuckers. Alliteration, is of course, the repetition of a first letter or phoneme in successive words, such as “bitchbagging bare-balled bastard”. While a useful technique that creates a memorable sound, it is difficult to apply to the limited vocabulary of English profanity. When done well, it can be a cock-knocking cunt-cramming cavalcade of contemporary cursing, but its limitations must be understood.

Of more use in the field is the subtler and more engaging art of assonance, which is the repetition of vowel sounds within words. Were one to select the popular short-I vowel sound, for example, one could easily call someone a dimwitted dicklicking split-prick shitkicker son of a bitch. A commitment to a more misogynist tone and a taste for a short-U sound could produce references to a cuntbuggering fuck-ugly spunk-drunk cum dumpster. Do either of these make technical lexicographic sense? No, not really. Are they memorable and effective? Yes. Let us admit that technical perfection was left behind the moment we decided to start swearing, and work with what we’ve got.

Overall Construction

Except in rare cases, it is inadvisable to repeat specific words too close together. While there is a time and a place for calling someone a fucking fuck, the fact is that screaming “Shitbastard shithole piece of shit!” at an inanimate object, while probably called for, just makes you sound like you only know one swear word. When in doubt, do not come off like a first-grader who just learned to cuss that morning.

With practice, you will learn to space out the basic vocabulary, breaking it up into a workable, almost chant-like rhythm, allowing one to build long and effective phrases such as “Cock-knocking dickbastard son of a cuntmongering fuckheaded shit-eating bastard-ass douchenozzle dicknosed piece of crap” while, oh, just for example, trying to assemble 200 pounds of particle board with a three-inch Allen wrench. (Thanks again, mom.)

Let me reiterate that if you choose not to use profanity in your day-to-day life, perhaps saving it up for special occasions (After all, Thanksgiving’s getting closer, and Uncle Larry is probably not less racist than he was last year) or perhaps eschewing it altogether, I don’t judge or condemn your choice. I like my language, like my food, highly spiced and complex, but I recognize that this taste is not universal. What I’m advocating for is taking the time to swear well if you’re going to. To extend the food metaphor, there’s a difference between a properly-blended panang curry and just fucking dumping fuckin' Sriracha sauce all the fuck over fuckin' everything.
You could be next.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

1 opinion

unusual, lovely, beautiful

2 size

big, small, tall

3 physical quality

thin, rough, untidy

4 shape

round, square, rectangular

5 age

young, old, youthful

6 colour