Have You Met Anyone Famous

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Have You Met Anyone Famous

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:Jimmy Savile
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Having worked in hotels for some time now, lots. Memorable moments where organizing Elton John's birthday bash and not recognizing him and ending up in the pool with The Scorpions and a bunch of groupies.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:14 am
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:14 am
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I met a watch-shaker owner once

Oh, and vladimir
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I met God once.. He ignored me , Maybe second time I'll be more lucky.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

played poker with prince of darkness once, never been the same person ever since
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Met, partied & worked with/for plenty of "famous" people, doesn't excite me one bit, to me they're just normal people , although some of them are utter c**ts who think they're better than everyone else due to their fame, although most of those I've met have been goid c**ts.
teakman
Tourist
Canada

Post by teakman »

I had a licensed vending table in Soho NYC early '90's and saw many celebs during my time there. Kim bassinger had a loft above my stand and would occasionally see her. one summer day,a stretched limo stopped in front of me and out came a beautiful blonde with her entourage. she comes over to my stand and pointed out various items and walked away. I asked one lady of the group who this blonde was and said she's the star of "Beverly Hills 90110".never watched it! Rosanne Cash paid with a cheque once and figured she'd be good for it as I never accepted them. another time,this scruffy looking guy came up to my stand and after trying on various chains,he decided on a $5 pair of earrings. hands me a $100 bill which I gave to a friend to change for me. while waiting, 3 Japanese girls are staring at this guy and when I give back his change, he walks off. the girls are saying oh we so lucky. I ask my friend who was that and she says "the boss".I say who? it was Bruce Springsteen. Keith Richards walked by me quite often going to his recording studio around the corner but would never look up at me. always wondered how he never got hit crossing the street. I almost knocked Bill Cosby over coming out of a store and apologised with him saying "no,it was my fault.i'm sorry".across from my stand was a diner that I'd use for toilet breaks which always had celebs in. one day walking out I see William Defoe and making eye contact I said "hi mr Defoe,i like your films"in which he gives me this dirty look. I thought fuck you too!but my biggest moment came when Rosanne Cash(a very good customer) came by with her father Johnny. a really friendly personable man. the rapper Heavy D would by from me at times. Goldie Hawn and husband(forget his name) would stop at my stand on occasion with her saying "you always have so many nice pieces",smile and walk off but never bought anything. Soho was up and coming then and celebs would stroll around(mostly weekends) without getting bothered by autograph seekers and such.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

only infamous.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic