Have You Met Anyone Famous

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Have You Met Anyone Famous

Post by SmartAston Martin »

More:

Donald Sutherland (in passing)
Rich "Ace" Franklin, 3-time UFC Middleweight champ
Ei Bouthong (Heavyweight khmer boxing champ)
I saw Client Eastwood in Carmel when he was mayor walking down the steps of their City Hall at lunch time.
I saw Muhammad Ali walking with his then young daughter in my neighborhood ...
Last edited by SmartAston Martin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm I've never heard of Roberto Duran...
i think that deserves a 24hour ban! :mob: haha

hes an all time great boxer!
Ranked 5th in the greatest fighters of the past 80 years https://www.thoughtco.com/ring-magazine ... ers-424112
and Ranked 14th in the greatest lb 4 lb of all time http://boxrec.com/en/ratings?r%5Bcountr ... %5D=&r_go=
over 5 decades he fought 119 times winning 103 of them http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/80
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

As part of the agreement to move out of his apartment in Panama City. He told the US Military he wanted all his New York/ Los Angeles City outstanding parking fines and other offences committed in The US revoked.They dealt with in immediately.
Top Guy..
Firefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Firefly »

Spike Milligan, heading merrily out of a pub London, I said 'oh hello' he said 'ning nang nong' and fell over.

Jamies, whats the Saville story! :popcorn:
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:26 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm I've never heard of Roberto Duran...
i think that deserves a 24hour ban! :mob: haha
I knew the real Durand Durand though. Can I get a 22 hour reprieve for that?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

I surfed with David Beckham in Malibu one time, sort of. He was paddling out, I was out, I said "what's up Becks", he gave me a what's up nod and then proceeded to ignore me for the rest of the morning. :plus1:
YORKIE
Expatriate

Post by YORKIE »

Never actually met the guy as such, but I once told Norman Tebbit he was a Fucking Asshole. Made my day. :Yahoo!:
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

King Keil wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:58 pm Patty Smith walked past me in NYC.
She lives in the village.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I hung out a bit for a couple of days with Timothy Leary - picked him up and dropped him off at the airport; and we drank together one afternoon and the next evening.
You could be next.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Lamest "celebrity" encounters ever, I know.

Working as a janitor after classes at my University sports arena to help pay tuition at age 18. Between sports seasons they rented the place out for concerts. I worked backstage at many concerts. During one event I turned a corner near the changing rooms while drooling over some of MC Hammer's barely-dressed dancer girls walking backstage and literally bumped into some skinny little pale prick with a stupid haircut and bad sparkly clothes. Sent him flying, and he gave me some attitude. No idea who the hell he was until days later. Hadn't remotely heard Ice Ice Baby then. It was Vanilla Ice.

Same job weeks later, former Eagle Don Henley stopped his pre-concert soundcheck to scream at me for making noise. He was playing that "kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down" song. I was wiping down those cheap metal folding chairs on the main floor when I noticed one of them was completely smashed and unusable. Whoever installed it didn't give a fuck and left it. It was only like 10 minutes until they were to open the doors and start letting the ticket holders in the building so I didn't think it could wait. I attempted to remove that one busted chair to replace it with another one. But each chair locks into the adjacent chairs on each side, and this one was bent so bad it wouldn't come loose easily so I gave it a good shake and it came loose quick with a loud crash which I never anticipated. Pissed Don of to no end. I still hate that fucking annoying song.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic