Canadia Bank

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Canadia Bank

Post by PIEMAN »

:evil: I thought I was in luck last week when I found a bank book from canadia.I had the princely some of 88k reil in it,not used to since 2015 and I thought with the intrest I might have 25 bucks for my weekly shop.
Low and behold I arrived at the bank at 9.30am got my ticket went to the till,they updated my book and I had the princely sum of 123k.Suddenly the bank book updater rattled away and I was left with 17k.I protested and was directed to another area,30 min later a girl explained to me that they charge 6 dollar for the atm card a year,10 dollar for not using my account for a year,so I said I will close my account,Passport sir.Fook who takes there passport to the supermarket,I stood up my shorts fell down,much to the girls horror and I left muttering something about me owing them money to have a bank book.
Was not all bad Bayoun gave me 10% off for Chinese New Year.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Canadia Bank

Post by prahocalypse now »

PIEMAN wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:42 am :evil: I thought I was in luck last week when I found a bank book from canadia.I had the princely some of 88k reil in it,not used to since 2015 and I thought with the intrest I might have 25 bucks for my weekly shop.
Low and behold I arrived at the bank at 9.30am got my ticket went to the till,they updated my book and I had the princely sum of 123k.Suddenly the bank book updater rattled away and I was left with 17k.I protested and was directed to another area,30 min later a girl explained to me that they charge 6 dollar for the atm card a year,10 dollar for not using my account for a year,so I said I will close my account,Passport sir.Fook who takes there passport to the supermarket,I stood up my shorts fell down,much to the girls horror and I left muttering something about me owing them money to have a bank book.
That's a great story.

By the way, what have you heard about that incident on St. 130 in which the ex-Australian cop Steve Morrish punched a Japanese guy and broke his nose?

Can you please tell us everything you have heard about it?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

When I was in grade school we had a bank of America rep come and tell us 3rd graders about how wonderful savings accounts were and how interest was supposed to work. Then once a week was bank day when we kids would bring our money and bank books. I saved my allowance to put in the bank thinking that it would grow like they said did it for 3 years. Then in Jr High I joined a skin diving club and needed $ for mask, snorkel, etc. Took my bank book to the local Bank of America only to be told the account was closed and the $ taken because of non use.
So it's not just the KOW
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

Am sure all the girls there have taken The Advanced Cambodian Diploma in Retail Banking: How to Get Rid of Barang Customers Without Even Trying

Really surprised that its still in business with all the bad practices it have got
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

beaker wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 am When I was in grade school we had a bank of America rep come and tell us 3rd graders about how wonderful savings accounts were and how interest was supposed to work. Then once a week was bank day when we kids would bring our money and bank books. I saved my allowance to put in the bank thinking that it would grow like they said did it for 3 years. Then in Jr High I joined a skin diving club and needed $ for mask, snorkel, etc. Took my bank book to the local Bank of America only to be told the account was closed and the $ taken because of non use.
So it's not just the KOW

I'm glad your teachers were wise enough to show you early in life how banks steal from you. :D
You could be next.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

That's a great story.

By the way, what have you heard about that incident on St. 130 in which the ex-Australian cop Steve Morrish punched a Japanese guy and broke his nose?

Can you please tell us everything you have heard about it?
[/quote]
I don,t go in Loco,so I'm just as much in the dark about this as the rest of you,saying that I did see him heading towards Loco on friday,that's if it was him,a bit small for a ex copper.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

PIEMAN wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 pm I did see him heading towards Loco on friday
Do you think he is boning one of the bargirls who works there?
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

If he has a 50$ bill quite possibly.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

PIEMAN wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:42 am :evil: I thought I was in luck last week when I found a bank book from canadia.I had the princely some of 88k reil in it,not used to since 2015 and I thought with the intrest I might have 25 bucks for my weekly shop.
Lucky you weren't in uk. I found an old Abbey National pass book with 6000 quid in it. Asked for the money and they said the account didn't exist. Months later, after a trip to the ombudsman, they said the account must have been closed and they had no records going back 7 years. Ombudsman said well they must be right because banks don't lie!
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

[/quote]
Lucky you weren't in uk. I found an old Abbey National pass book with 6000 quid in it. Asked for the money and they said the account didn't exist. Months later, after a trip to the ombudsman, they said the account must have been closed and they had no records going back 7 years. Ombudsman said well they must be right because banks don't lie!
[/quote]

In the uk I used a safe haven my grandmother clock.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic