Bar Brawl Murder in Soi 6 Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
RosscoPico
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Bar Brawl Murder in Soi 6 Pattaya

Post by RosscoPico »

(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:48 am
that genius wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:07 pm It's curious that the Brits consistently manage to annoy people with their drunken exploits, moreso than almost any other country. Aussies, Saffers, Fins do it, Kiwis do it, birds do it, bees do it, let's get go get drunk.

So what sets poms apart? Strange.
it was an American beating up an Aussy.... where did you get Brits from?
aussies are transported brits
Which implies that our genes make lots of us violent rather than our upbringing and circumstances, I think that's a load of *old tosh* but anyway..... :facepalm:

There's lots of factors which increase violence in society, usually poverty plays the biggest part but can also be attributed to such things as disenfranchisement (especially of the youth), upbringing, culture, religion, political + racial leanings, guns, statutory laws, quality of life and purpose etc.

However I think the most common cause is attributed to heavy alcohol consumption, usually combined with testosterone filled guys and sometimes women who are involved in the circumstances. On the most part, I feel very safe in the UK but if I venture into town late at night with lots of drinkers leaving the bars at that time, I know I have to watch my back!

There are lots of counties which suffer from a lot more violence than the UK, however it's a shame that many Brits can't handle their drink :?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Australian man's head 'stomped 10 to 15 times' in fatal Thai bar brawl

Bangkok: An Australian man has died in a bar fight in the notorious red light district of the Thai resort city of Pattaya.

The victim was involved in a brawl with four or five "foreigners" who were drunk and acting aggressively, according to reports on social media.

The victim was reportedly thrown across the bar and punched in the face.

An attacker then stomped on the victim’s head several times, according to a writer on a Pattaya social media blog who claimed to have witnessed the incident.

“[The attacker] smashed his foot from above the guy’s face at least 10 to 15 times with full force. The whole incident probably lasted 20 second,” the witness wrote.

The witness claimed the victim was left unconscious with horrific injuries.

Friends of the assailant then took photos of the victim on the floor, the witness said.

“The bully’s buddies were making pics of the poor guy and were very proud of her friend," the witness said.

"They didn’t make an attempt to leave the bar. We left the scene before the ambulance arrived.”

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has confirmed the man's death and said it is providing consular assistance to his family.

"For privacy reasons we are unable to provide further details," a spokeswoman said.

Pattaya is a notoriously rough seaside city, 147 kilometres south-east of Bangkok, where tens of thousands of Australians holiday each year.

The city has one of Asia’s largest red-light areas and hundreds of bars and strip clubs.

Thai authorities have been targeting foreign criminals, including members of outlaw motor cycle gangs, who have made their homes there.

Members of the Hells Angels operate a bar in the city.

Late last year, police raided the homes of three Australians and seized guns, ammunition, knives and luxury cars.

Wayne Schneider, a prominent figure of Sydney’s underworld and a Hells Angels member was murdered in Pattaya in 2016.
http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian- ... 4z006.html
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

RosscoPico wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 am
that genius wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:07 pm It's curious that the Brits consistently manage to annoy people with their drunken exploits, moreso than almost any other country. Aussies, Saffers, Fins do it, Kiwis do it, birds do it, bees do it, let's get go get drunk.

Which implies that our genes make lots of us violent rather than our upbringing and circumstances, I think that's a load of *old tosh* but anyway..... :facepalm:

There's lots of factors which increase violence in society, usually poverty plays the biggest part but can also be attributed to such things as disenfranchisement (especially of the youth), upbringing, culture, religion, political + racial leanings, guns, statutory laws, quality of life and purpose etc.

However I think the most common cause is attributed to heavy alcohol consumption, usually combined with testosterone filled guys and sometimes women who are involved in the circumstances. On the most part, I feel very safe in the UK but if I venture into town late at night with lots of drinkers leaving the bars at that time, I know I have to watch my back!

There are lots of counties which suffer from a lot more violence than the UK, however it's a shame that many Brits can't handle their drink :?
Well its the goernments fault. booze is so expensive in Stalag Britain that no one can afford to get pissed regularly enough anymore. And law enforcement is so shit its cheaper and easier to take drugs. Apparently 40% of uk are regular drug users now
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Benjamin Robb the victim.. R.I.P

Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Is that a Melbourne Storm cap?
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

"Eyewitnesses said some bars in Pattaya are popular among those involved in weight lifting and martial arts sports in Thailand"

Maybe roid rage..hmm alcohol and roids not a good mix.
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:35 pm Is that a Melbourne Storm cap?
Yep,sure is.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Reported here as having "grabbed a bar girl in Ruby Club on Soi 6 by the throat" before being stomped.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

I think a high proportion were actualy transported irish. But right now, its been diluted by other Europeans, Asians, Chinese and its a proper mongrel nation. According to the government website 24% of current Australians were not born in Australia
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:08 pm

I think a high proportion were actualy transported irish. But right now, its been diluted by other Europeans, Asians, Chinese and its a proper mongrel nation. According to the government website 24% of current Australians were not born in Australia
At the 2011 census London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number, 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.

What percentage of London is white?
At the 2011 census London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number, 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.

its a proper mongrel nation.
=@ =@ =@ =@ =@ =@
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic