Australian Expat JAMES NEAL PASCOE Arrested in Phnom Penh for Selling Oranges & Orange Juice

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Re: Australian Expat JAMES NEAL PASCOE Arrested in Phnom Penh for Selling Oranges & Orange Juice

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

want to go buy some oj, anyone can do a street view of where it is, best guess from info so far is about here?
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Australian Expat JAMES NEAL PASCOE Arrested in Phnom Penh for Selling Oranges & Orange Juice

Post by username »

(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 am want to go buy some oj, anyone can do a street view of where it is, best guess from info so far is about here?
I think you're pretty far off. My guess would be about here, based on the info and one of the pictures.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

username wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:18 am
(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 am want to go buy some oj, anyone can do a street view of where it is, best guess from info so far is about here?
I think you're pretty far off. My guess would be about here, based on the info and one of the pictures.
hmm was basing on " Was about 1/2 block off of one of the main detour streets from Olympic market. " but i misread read it to be orussy instead of olympic. wasnt looking at pictures

anyhow looks to far to walk for an oj. plenty others nearby
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 am
Jerry Atrick wrote:Wow. It appears we live in Thailand now.
Yeah. I'm increasingly uneasy about living here and don't like the changes much, but it still beats other places. For now...
yeah it was my lifetime ambition too, come to Cambodia and sell orange juice in the street. awe shucks
It's not about that, it's about the ability to do business without governments telling you what you can and can't do. Big government is quickly coming to Cambodia which has a few good sides, but mostly bad ones.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

I think this isnt bad police work actually.
A barang draws attention to himself,police investigate,finds the barang hasn't got the appropriate visa to work ( even if he was just helping his wife out).

Any western country would have deported him.
A sure sign things are changing in the KOW,for the better,who knows.
Last edited by Micmac on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

I rest much easier now in the knowledge that an illicit orange juice seller is off the streets.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

white australians are a minority in most of australia
trapper sock banned
stick to beerinthemorning where we can preview your nonsense
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

expatintheboonies wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:57 pm white australians are a minority in most of australia.
As usual you are wrong Pineapple:

2016 figures:

English (36.1%)
Australian (33.5%)[38]
Irish (11.0%)
Scottish (9.3%)
Chinese (5.6%)
Italian (4.6%)
German (4.5%)
Indian (2.8%)
Greek (1.8%)
Dutch (1.6%).
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the Chinese have been in Oz since the beginning and you cannot find more exemplary citizens.
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

taabarang wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:22 am I rest much easier now in the knowledge that an illicit orange juice seller is off the streets.
If he had the right visa it wouldn't of been a problem.
Foreigners have had it easy until now.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic