American Tourist WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR Dies of Drug Overdose at New York Hotel in Phnom Penh, Chinese Girlfriend Says

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American Tourist WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR Dies of Drug Overdose at New York Hotel in Phnom Penh, Chinese Girlfriend Says

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: A 38 year old American Tourist named WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR died of a heart attack from using excessive drugs in room 506 at New York hotel at 7 pm on February 6, on Moneyvong Street, Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh.

According to the victim's Chinese girlfriend, Yuexiao, 23 year old, before the incident her boyfriend and her just come from China and arrive the hotel at 9 am on January 6, until 7 pm her boyfriend has had uncomfortable condition, he was snoring so loud, then the noise of snoring disappeared and she try shake him but he didn't wake up. She told the housekeeper about her boyfriend's condition and the owner of the hotel called the Calemate ambulance to take the victim to hospital immediately. Unfortunately when doctor looked at him he was already dead.

After the incident, the authorities and doctor did the examination of the victim body and found that the victim's death was caused by heart attack from using excessive drugs. His body was taken to Teuk Thla Pagoda.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: American Tourist WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR Dies of Drug Overdose at New York Hotel in Phnom Penh, Chinese Girlfriend

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American Tourist WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR Dies of Drug Overdose at New York Hotel in Phnom Penh, Chinese Girlfriend

Post by jaynewcastle »

Another dead druggie in Cambodia
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

RIP
much too young.
condolences to family
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

No indication as to why they concluded it was drug related, not that I doubt it. 38 year olds do have heart attacks sometimes without drug abuse.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

jaynewcastle wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:27 pm Another dead druggie in Cambodia
You're a really compassionate sod, aren't you?

Why so angry?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

that genius wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Why so angry?
Why be compassionate? If I smoke and die of cancer I bet I would get no sympathy from the junkies. Self inflicted injury and a lot of problems for the hotel and the girlfriend. if you want to treat Cambodia as a giant crack house don't cry when you get burned. next you will be expecting sympathy for drug dealers as well
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

that genius wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm

Why so angry?
I'm not angry at all :).

I've compassion for decent people, but not for druggies. I feel so sorry for the Cambodian people who have to put up & deal with such people
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That sort of damning statement isn't really helpful. We are in a country where proper examination of crime scenes is rarely followed. Only the most rudimentary forensics and post mortems exist, if they are even done at all. So we have it on the word of his girlfriend that he did drugs, that seems about it. She could well be right, she probably is, and that's good because that's pretty much all we'll ever know about it. I'm not talking about this case in particular, but it would be all too easy to cover up a death here by throwing a few syringes and pills around the room. Dead druggie - case solved - send the cadaver off to be burned before it starts stinking. Case closed. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic