American Tourist WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR Dies of Drug Overdose at New York Hotel in Phnom Penh, Chinese Girlfriend Says

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American Tourist WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR Dies of Drug Overdose at New York Hotel in Phnom Penh, Chinese Girlfriend

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:58 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:27 pm Another dead druggie in Cambodia
That sort of damning statement isn't really helpful. We are in a country where proper examination of crime scenes is rarely followed. Only the most rudimentary forensics and post mortems exist, if they are even done at all. So we have it on the word of his girlfriend that he did drugs, that seems about it. She could well be right, she probably is, and that's good because that's pretty much all we'll ever know about it. I'm not talking about this case in particular, but it would be all too easy to cover up a death here by throwing a few syringes and pills around the room. Dead druggie - case solved - send the cadaver off to be burned before it starts stinking. 8-)
I suspect his embassy will investigate, or at least try to confirm the circumstances if it is at all suspicious.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: American Tourist WILLIAM RICHARD DAVIS JR Dies of Drug Overdose at New York Hotel in Phnom Penh, Chinese Girlfriend

Post by General Mackevili »

This was sent to CEO from a friend of his friends, but they didn't know him personally:

"Not an OD. I didn't know him but we had common friends. And I have his gf statement on my phone. According to it they were both got sick during the flight, doctor recommended a rest and he never woke up after check in. Heart stopped."

We asked if they had any additional info, and they replied with this:

"Not really, but it all sounds really weird. My friend living in China knew him well and I am getting really mixed messages about this whole thing. I will let you know if I will learn something for sure.""
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
expatintheboonies
Tourist
Lithuania

Post by expatintheboonies »

sounds like a possible opiate and alcohol mixture causing death in the sleep

it happens.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:17 pm According to the victim's Chinese girlfriend, Yuexiao, 23 year old, before the incident her boyfriend and her just come from China and arrive the hotel at 9 am on January 6, until 7 pm her boyfriend has had uncomfortable condition, he was snoring so loud, then the noise of snoring disappeared and she try shake him but he didn't wake up.
How Chronic Snoring Can Cause Heart Disease
Snoring is often the sign of a condition called obstructive sleep apnea, which raises the risk for diabetes, obesity, hypertension, stroke, heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/heart ... rt-disease
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

did he take any cambodian medicine after he arrived for his on the plane sickness?
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

I always wondered who ever stayed at that hotel. Looks kinda nice but got a crappy name and location
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:32 pm did he take any cambodian medicine after he arrived for his on the plane sickness?
which airline was it?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

angkorjohn wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:55 pm I always wondered who ever stayed at that hotel. Looks kinda nice but got a crappy name and location
Wasn't it a big whoring hotel many years back with a fishbowl or massage or something there?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:19 pm
angkorjohn wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:55 pm I always wondered who ever stayed at that hotel. Looks kinda nice but got a crappy name and location
Wasn't it a big whoring hotel many years back with a fishbowl or massage or something there?
It did have good "massage" facilities, or so I was told! :plus1:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I was thinking sleep apoena (sp?), from her description.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic