Bloggers Sheree Milli and Absolutely Lucy fucking HATED visiting Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Bloggers Sheree Milli and Absolutely Lucy fucking HATED visiting Cambodia

Post by Cam Nivag »

One of these blogs is from 2016 and the other from 2015, but they are new to me and I thought I'd share them.

Sheree Milli came to Cambodia and thought Phnom Penh was disgusting and started paying Sihanoukville tuk tuk drivers $50 for rides and it went downhill from there:

https://shereemilli.com/2016/04/30/why- ... ravelling/

Absolutely Lucy's taxi driver took $50 from her bag then her bus crashed.

http://absolutelylucy.com/2015/06/15/th ... -cambodia/

I'm not a woman and I don't know what it's like to travel solo as a woman, but maybe this is a lesson that women who want to travel in the developing world have to have backbone and learn to say "no" and shout and kick up a fuss when local dudes try to rob them.

Is it common when solo white women end up alone with local taxi or tuk tuk drivers for the guys just to shout at them "give me $20!" "give me all your money!" and basically mug them by acting intimidating? That might put me off traveling too.

Last edited by Cam Nivag on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bloggers Sheree Milli and Absolutely Lucy fucking HATED visiting Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

I was walking on the curb on Sukhumvit about 15 years ago, and passed by a young farang tourist couple, the girl saw some cockroaches on the pavement, jumped about two meters high and said: "That's the most disgusting i've ever seen!" I told them that the best option for them was to directly jump into a taxi, go to Don Mueang and fly straight home...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Absolutely brilliant. :D I've only read half the first one so far, but haven't seen so much ridiculous entitled shit for a long time.

Utterly defeated and in tears because a tuktuk driver cant break a $50 ? My heart bleeds. She freaks out at the Utopia dorm ? What was she expecting for $1-2 ?

The worst thing is that its probably true. Anyway thanks for the lolz CN.

Shit, I read on. It gets worse. She bursts into tears again and throws all her money another tuktuk driver in PP. Now she's broke. So she calls her mommy. Some people should not leave home unaccompanied.

Plenty of western women travel or live alone in Cambodia and enjoy their time here. There was a guy Somebody Mark who was also posting about how dangerous and traumatic it was to travel in Cambodia. It's all in their heads IMO.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm One of these blogs is from 2016 and the other from 2015, but they are new to me and I thought I'd share them.

Sheree Milli came to Cambodia and thought Phnom Penh was disgusting and started paying Sihanoukville tuk tuk drivers $50 for rides and it went downhill from there:

Absolutely Lucy's taxi driver took $50 from her bag then her bus crashed.

The second link is the same as the first link. :facepalm:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:11 pm The second link is the same as the first link. :facepalm:
Sorry! Fixed!
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

LOL... some people just shouldn't travel. I knew she was an idiot when she described Bali as a "paradise".
:facepalm:
You could be next.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

good catch GM. diversity, inclusion and hypocrisy rolled up in one joint by the author, reviews of this subject are best undertaken by our resident special regional field agent Mr BKKTRAPPER.
i wait in anticipation of his street level special correspondence,
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

If you scroll down to the comments section check out the one from Stuart for a real wtf post.
Edit: the Sherri blog
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Gardiguy wrote:If you scroll down to the comments section check out the one from Stuart for a real wtf post.
Edit: the Sherri blog
Holy fucking shit. I often forget we share the planet with people that retarded.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic