Australian STEVE MORRISH Arrested in Phnom Penh for Breaking Japanese Man's Nose in Drunken Street Fight

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Australian STEVE MORRISH Arrested in Phnom Penh for Breaking Japanese Man's Nose in Drunken Street Fight

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Phnom Penh: Australian expat Steve Morrish was arrested in Phnom Penh last night for a street fight in the city's girly bar area,
Loco Bar on Street 130, after breaking a Japanese tourists nose. The Japanese man, the victim, was also taken into custody. He has been identified as Hiroshi Isoda.

Cambodian authorities took both Steven Morrish and Hiroshi Isoda to the police station in Daun Penh district for questioning and legal action at 01:30 am local time on the morning of February 3, 2018, in Pha Kandal I, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

According to local news, people at the scene said they saw a Japanese man drunk and intoxicated and having a heated dispute with the Australian and security, who was also at the scene and stopped the fighting. They concluded that Steve Morrish from Australia used violence against the Japanese man, breaking his nose, leaving him unconscious for a bit. They quickly gave medical assistance to the Japanese victim.

After the incident, the police detained the Australian man Steve Morrish and the Japanese man Hiroshi Isoda over the street fight, and Mr Morrish is likely being charged with "intentional violence."

"Steve Morrish is a former Victorian copper with a shaved head. Ruth Golder is a former missionary from Queensland with a diamante embedded in a front tooth. Steve Morrish and Ruth Golder don't know each other. They move in different circles. He plays footy, she goes to church. But they have a few things in common."

Last edited by Borum-Ex frm TOForum on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: PP:Aussie & Japanese man got into a drunken fight, both arrested.

Post by prahocalypse now »

All bald-headed Australian thugs look alike to me, but I must say, this looks like Steve Morrish.

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

An Australian man punched a Japanese man and broke his nose at 01:30 am local time on the morning of February 3, 2018, in Pha Kandal I, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.
ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: PP:Aussie breaks Japanese man’s nose in a drunken fight at Daun Penh, both arrested.

Post by frank lee bent »

prahocalypse now would seem to be onto something
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: PP:Aussie breaks Japanese man’s nose in a drunken fight at Daun Penh, both arrested.

Post by Cam Nivag »

That's Morrish.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:11 am All bald-headed Australian thugs look alike to me, but I must say, this looks like Steve Morrish.

Indeed, it’s him, well spotted! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 33&fref=ts
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: PP:Aussie Steve Morrish breaks Japanese man’s nose in a drunken fight at Daun Penh, both arrested.

Post by frank lee bent »

i suspect the fight was of brief duration.
looks like the recipient was crying with the girls.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: PP:Aussie Steve Morrish breaks Japanese man’s nose in a drunken fight at Daun Penh, both arrested.

If this ain’t ‘’breaking’’ news, then nothing is...
Last edited by Borum-Ex frm TOForum on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

good catch
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Did the beat down of the Japanese guy happen on Street 136? I see Street 136 in the final shot of the video.

Edit: the commentator says 130 in Khmer and other articles say the fight happened in front of Loco Bar on Street 130
Last edited by Cam Nivag on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic