A Barang's Dilemma

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

A Barang's Dilemma

Post by prahocalypse now »

Posted on the facebook Phnom Penh & Expat Forum
Hello all. I have relocated to an outer suburb of Phnom Penh some months ago from Vietnam. I have a question in regards to Khmer customs and procedures. I have employed a housekeeper / cook to do various duties within my household. In Vietnam, the equation for taking a 'partner' was "1/2 your age plus 7 years" . I am 65, self-funded retiree with a monthly 'budget' of AU$10,000 (US$8,000). Therefore looking for a 37- ish partner. My housekeeper is 20 years old, very beautiful and making it very clear that she is interested in more than the requirements of her present position. I have tried to reason with her, stating the position is no more than what I require in regards to cleaning, washing and cooking. She is being harassed by her friends, who think I am sleeping with her and this is making her very sad and angry, affecting her work. I can see options of 1) Letting her go. 2) Succumb to her advances and supporting her financially, or 3) See how things play out (least wanted option). Any ideas / suggestions ?
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Re: A Barang's Dilemma

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

dont be so f'n lazy and do cleaning, washing and cooking yourself
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

He needs to smash that.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

:popcorn:
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Him being 65 means he will only be around for another 2 years max.

The 20 year old knows this, That means only 2 years banging an old dude,then hopefully she will be the sole beneficiary to his inheritance.

Worst case,she lives like a queen on his 10k a month for 2 years.

She's one smart lady .
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Weird that he mentions his budget when it turns out it's totally irrelevant to his actual question. Maybe he just tells everyone what his monthly pension is, including the cleaner. As micmac says, she's then willing to bide her time...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

LOL, how does someone so dumb get $10K a month?

Maybe he should take out a huge insurance policy, tell her, and move to a 16th floor apartment.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Who the hell hires a 20-y-o cleaner? They're going to be fucking rubbish at it. You want a 40 something bulldog with gimlet eyes and arms like hams.
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

cptrelentless wrote:Who the hell hires a 20-y-o cleaner? They're going to be fucking rubbish at it. You want a 40 something bulldog with gimlet eyes and arms like hams.
Same approach I take when looking for a legitimate massage!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:05 am Weird that he mentions his budget when it turns out it's totally irrelevant to his actual question.
It's quite relevant. If he were living on $1200 a month the 20 year old wouldn't be interested.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic