Looking for suite in central PP for around 450-500

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Looking for suite in central PP for around 450-500

Post by superferret »

I'm looking for a suite for one month, which has a kitchen. I know Golden st 278 has them, but I would like to stay
around central market or riverside this time. Anyone could recommend?
It doesn't have to be nice, just not too small and has to have a kitchen.
Thanks a lot
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Looking for suite in central PP for around 450-500

Post by pczz »

best of luck. most 'suites' will not do 1 month in high season. think you are going to need at leat $600-$800 on riverside. plenty around at $1200. Depends how grotty you want to go. few new blocks gon up on174 between 51 and monivong and a big one a bit further up 51 on the corner where the new Mongolian restaurant is. My friend has a large studio there for $450. no washing machine. There is another just round the corenr from bolena hotel on 154, on the road down to the market
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:54 pm best of luck. most 'suites' will not do 1 month in high season. think you are going to need at leat $600-$800 on riverside. plenty around at $1200. Depends how grotty you want to go. few new blocks gon up on174 between 51 and monivong and a big one a bit further up 51 on the corner where the new Mongolian restaurant is. My friend has a large studio there for $450. no washing machine. There is another just round the corenr from bolena hotel on 154, on the road down to the market
Thanks, I'll check them out! I have a pretty good room for 450 at a hotel so 600-800 seems too much.
Mass Debaiter
Tourist
Aruba

Post by Mass Debaiter »

but.., but.., but its the glorious beautiful https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonl%C3%A9_Sap how could you not want to pay an extra 10+ dollars a day to view it, gosh they're really sending some philistines over now
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Season residence is near the riverside, pretty nice and they do one month rentals on apartments with kitchen.

But not for $500
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Maybe Ned is sub-letting? :)
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:54 pm best of luck. most 'suites' will not do 1 month in high season. think you are going to need at leat $600-$800 on riverside. plenty around at $1200. Depends how grotty you want to go. few new blocks gon up on174 between 51 and monivong and a big one a bit further up 51 on the corner where the new Mongolian restaurant is. My friend has a large studio there for $450. no washing machine. There is another just round the corenr from bolena hotel on 154, on the road down to the market
Can you tell me what monthly apartments you’re aware of in the $700-$1200 range around the riverside? I sometimes struggle to find decent places that rent by the month. But I’m lazy and
don’t look that hard.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:23 am
Can you tell me what monthly apartments you’re aware of in the $700-$1200 range around the riverside? I sometimes struggle to find decent places that rent by the month. But I’m lazy and
don’t look that hard.
Don't be lazy. Do the legwork or pay an agent. Yong Yap or elevated realty are usually the most reasonable priced. Usual suspect is the white block opposite pontoon, bit noisy, the new block on 51 at the junction of 51 and 214, another block on 19 near 148. Also a couple of new ones just on 130 above a dentist and next door up the side road. Some around 110 as well. FB and Airbnb can sometimes turn up good deals also. Anyone who has an empty apartment now is going to be willing to think about mothly. its high season and no tenant = no income. Agents charge too much so you got a better chance of a deal if you just go round and phone the numbers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic