Can I do the tourist visa extension myself?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Can I do the tourist visa extension myself?

Post by frank lee bent »

they likely get a discount for filling out the forms etc
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:12 pm As PSD pointed out, the official price is $45, and it seems Lucky Lucky will do it for you for $47.

Unless you have a valid personal grievance against Lucky Lucky, I'd say that's your best bet is to do it at Lucky's, as I can't see any more effort on your part being worth saving $2, which also seems reasonable.

They often offer the best rates, so I doubt you'd find cheaper than $47 always.
Good advice, thank you.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

what it will cost you going to and from the office is pointless to only try and save $5 if you was doing a year extension or something then it would probably be worth the effort
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

What is the price of a one-year EB visa extension at Lucky's. Anyone done one recently?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:07 pm What is the price of a one-year EB visa extension at Lucky's. Anyone done one recently?
Last I heard Lucky we’re charging $285 for a 12 mth EB EOS. $170 is the official price from the DoI...but they’ll still try charging you $270+
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:46 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:07 pm What is the price of a one-year EB visa extension at Lucky's. Anyone done one recently?
Last I heard Lucky we’re charging $285 for a 12 mth EB EOS. $170 is the official price from the DoI...but they’ll still try charging you $270+
Ok! That being the agent price. What documentation is required. In KK I have been told by the agent I would need my passport, work permit, business licence, permit of stay, rent agreement, and so on.
I have all so no problem. But I was just wondering what other agents would ask for? And I have also been told some hike up the price with all the paperwork involved.
Anyone done this recently? :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:22 pm
superferret wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:03 pm Is 45 the written, official price at immigration?
My hotel wants 53 and I just called lucky lucky to ask them for their BEST price, and they said 47. Any agents better than Lucky Lucky?

It's a matter of principle too. John, I travel around nowadays so often use the 1-2 month tourist visa. Thanks
Ask yourself if you were an agent, would you work for free?
I wouldn't take a job profiteering off visas, real estate or Work Permits, so the question doesn't arise. :D
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

that genius wrote:
superferret wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:03 pm Is 45 the written, official price at immigration?
My hotel wants 53 and I just called lucky lucky to ask them for their BEST price, and they said 47. Any agents better than Lucky Lucky?

It's a matter of principle too. John, I travel around nowadays so often use the 1-2 month tourist visa. Thanks
I wouldn't take a job profiteering off visas, real estate or Work Permits, so the question doesn't arise. :D
Agreed. Lucky Lucky charging $2 over the amount it costs to do it yourself near the airport is shameful.

;)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:30 pm
that genius wrote:

Agreed. Lucky Lucky charging $2 over the amount it costs to do it yourself near the airport is shameful.

;)
Yes, it's all relative. Someone's relative.
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:30 pm
that genius wrote:

;)
2 dollars for Lucky Lucky seems fair, but we don't know what type of discount they're getting from immigration,
also my hotel wanted an additional 6 dollars over the 47 and all they need to do is deliver it to Lucky Lucky which is about a 1000 riel moto ride from here.
That's a bit suspicious. Yeah I know everyone wants to get rich quick, but that 6 bucks is just fine in my pocket where it remains.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic