Religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists, researchers claim.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists, researchers claim.

Post by Sidewalker »

There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Re: Religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists, researchers claim.

Post by SockPuppet »

I must be such a genius! Scientifically proven :geek:
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Re: Religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists, researchers claim.

Post by chorlton »

the independent published that very same story back on May 18th 2017

still on point mind

:bow:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by james1234 »

At the risk of insulting/offending people (which I do not intent to!), I totally agree with the article.

How can any intelligent person believe all Fairy Tales preached by the Pope, ISIS, Mormones, Child-abusing bishops, Hate-imans and other religious speakers?
There is so much misary in the the world caused by religion.

Having said that: I do respect the free choise of religion and anyone can live the life he wants. As long as they leave me alone! I am a fundamental atheist :hattip:
I also respect and follow a lot of the Christian values and I do respects the community work of churches!
I also believe that the good and friendly attitute from Thai and Khmer comes from their Budist culture!
WesternBarbarian89
Tourist
Honduras

Post by WesternBarbarian89 »

The previous posts could not have been the product of intelligence, because only religitards believe in intelligent explanations. I, a genius atheist, excuse the redundancy, know for a fact that cats could have walked on keyboards to type the orderly messages. Do you need intelligence to create the order of an internet atheists' post? Science says no. Do you need intelligence to create the order of a sandcastle? Science says no! National Geographic and North Korea's atheistic propaganda agree that erosion could produce sandcastles. We just haven't got the footage yet because bigfoot stole it! Yeah, that's it! No intelligence necessary! ATHEISTS WIN AGAIN! HURR DURR!

And keep in mind that from MY ATHEIST POINT OF VIEW, I can not see those who create comments. Therefore, they are as fantastic as God. I am glad that by not believing in hell, it therefore won't burn me. I am a genius atheist, not an ingrate seeking scientific justification for my evil pride. Hail Hitchens.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Is there such a thing as an atheist? I do not believe in god or religion but how does a universe get created out of nothing? if something created it how did the thing creating it get created? So the explanation of a religious person is a deity, and the explanation of an atheist is quantum physics or something. The last great mystery. Now I have a headache :facepalm:
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

"something out of nothing" is incorrect
its possible to google the topic

evolution is not intelligent either but nor is religion

are we still blaming gays for hurricanes ?
that's religion logic
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

chorlton wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm "something out of nothing" is incorrect

that's religion logic
Don't tease, give us a link. Before the first atomic particle of whatever size is now accepted appeared there must have been nothing
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's on average, there are plenty of atheists who are pig ignorant and thick as shit too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm
chorlton wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm "something out of nothing" is incorrect

that's religion logic
Don't tease, give us a link. Before the first atomic particle of whatever size is now accepted appeared there must have been nothing
youre assuming again
prove the nothing claim before asking me to cite to refute

but aside, don't know wouldn't equate to god
god of the gap fallacy argument that once was used to argue much else before we knew better eg where the sun goes at night

you can google Hawkins works if you want to
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic