Scrawny Barang on Drugs in Kampot

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Scrawny Barang on Drugs in Kampot

Post by prahocalypse now »

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Scrawny Barang on Drugs in Kampot

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Does his hair look blue? If so could be this guy...

topic17878.html
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 am Does his hair look blue? If so could be this guy...

topic17878.html
Yes, the people on the Kampot noticeboard say it is him.

They say that he shaved off his beard and is keeping it in his backpack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

On FB today:

I'm posting this on behalf of Sam friend:

*My name is Andrew, I am a friend /mentor of Sam (blue haired guy). I know he is in big trouble and needs help. I am speaking with his family and the UK embassy. They know the situation and if we can get him to the embassy they will take care of him and bring him home. Is anybody able to help with this?*

Andrew is not sure Sam will make it 3 more days at this rate (family can be here in 3 days). What he is asking is if the police can lock Sam in some kind of cell until they arrive in Kampot (cause he don't think Sam will agree to go to the embassy in Phnom Penh if given the choice).

I will talk to the police this morning early (Riverside), if anyone here can speak khmer or know someone we might need a interpreter. English is not my first language. Basically if the police agree we will need to know very quickly where Sam is and make some kind of calm intervention. Some other people told me he know he need help.

Any idea or help is welcome.

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

Addiction is bad, feel somewhat sorry for these people.

Hope he can get the help that he needs.
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
RosscoPico
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by RosscoPico »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 am Does his hair look blue? If so could be this guy...

topic17878.html
Yes, the people on the Kampot noticeboard say it is him.

They say that he shaved off his beard and is keeping it in his backpack.
If it is him, he's also shaved off all of his chest hair too and had some plastic surgery!

Who's saying he's on drugs? Doesn't appear so to me, he smiles at the camera and then starts acting up knowing one of his mate's is filming him I guess.

Who even knows how he injured himself, hope it wasn't riding that scooter with so few clothes - that would be pretty daft of the young lad.....

P.S. Am a new member so "HI" to everyone on the forum, am moving to live and work in Cambodia in a couple of months. Never travelled there so am very excited to settle in and get a true feel of the place :-)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yes, it is him alright.
he is having an ice derived psychotic episode.
not around this morning so maybe the cops locked him up for a while.

you have to do something pretty wrong for the police to intervene here.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"You have to do something pretty wrong..."

Yeah, like driving while while.'
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

from Kampot noticeboard on fb:
Samuel (blue hair) is on his way to Phnom Penh (immigration). If u are friend or family those are the number of the police officer u want to call for update.0979880574, 087289431. Or the UK embassy in PP +855 234271124 with reference number CON554566. Thx u to everyone that help, hope to have more good news tomorrow!

I think he will be in the immigration detention center in PP airport. His family will need to pay to get him out of there cause of the trouble he cause last 2 weeks
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

They got him...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic