Looking for reputable and genuine dermal filler.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
desleyw
Tourist
Australia

Looking for reputable and genuine dermal filler.

Post by desleyw »

Hi, ill be in Cambodia in 2 weeks. We will be there for a month and travelling around. I'm interested in getting a bit of dermal filler while there. Can anyone recommend a reputable business where I can get this done please? Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Looking for reputable and genuine dermal filler.

Post by pczz »

DON'T. There is no such thing here. Cosmetic surgery is in its infancy and not well regulated at all. Go to Thailand where you got a 50/50 chance of getting it done right and start with western hospitals not beauty clinics
desleyw
Tourist
Australia

Post by desleyw »

Oh ok. Great. That's good to know. It's not surgery though, an injection. I've seen a lot advertised on Facebook etc but didn't want to be injected with something dodgy! ๐Ÿ˜Š
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

desleyw wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:32 am Oh ok. Great. That's good to know. It's not surgery though, an injection. I've seen a lot advertised on Facebook etc but didn't want to be injected with something dodgy! ๐Ÿ˜Š
It is surgery because it is penetrating your skin. You have no idea what they inject, whether it is sterile or not, whether the equipment is sterile and whether the practitioner has a vague clue of where and how much and how deep. First thing check the Fb business and see if they have a proper website, and ask to see their medical license, should be on the wall, and their business registration, should also be on the wall. FB has got more scammers per square inch than all of Africa combines. http://amedcambodia.com/features/filler/ this is the only proper looking business in that field I have seen in PP, and I am willing to bet its more expensive than Thailand, same as good dental work here. More info here http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/c ... encounters.
They have a good skin clinic at St loius hospital sathorn Bangkok. Its a charity hospital and doctors from the expensive Bangkok hospitals do work their at lower rates. I have skin treatment costs me 1000thb by the same guy who works at a private clinic which charges 10-15000! No idea if they do filler, they certainly do laser.
desleyw
Tourist
Australia

Post by desleyw »

Thankyou very much for your information. I think I'll give it a miss. I'm not going to Thailand this trip. ๐Ÿ˜Š
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

desleyw wrote: โ†‘Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 pm Thankyou very much for your information. I think I'll give it a miss. I'm not going to Thailand this trip. ๐Ÿ˜Š
I don't usually tell people to go to Thailand but....

Dr. Witchai at St Louis Hospital in Bangkok. 21st floor.

You want Rejue-pin, not a filler. It stimulates collagen growth in your dermal sub straight, which tightens your skin. Costs 5500 baht.

Do it twice, spread a month apart and not have to go back for any treatments for a couple years.

IMO, It's much better and you aren't on some stupid yearly expensive program.
mpgvaoc
Tourist
United States of America

Post by mpgvaoc »

I see many people here recommend going to Thailand instead of trying this service in Cambodia. Can I ask why? Is it so bad in Cambodia?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

mpgvaoc wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 pm I see many people here recommend going to Thailand instead of trying this service in Cambodia. Can I ask why? Is it so bad in Cambodia?
Aside from the two girls that died lately I think its perfectly fine.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

Dermal fillers?!

Have you tried growing up and just accepting the fact that age will do that to your face??

Snap out of it
sumfin smart
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

mpgvaoc wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 pm I see many people here recommend going to Thailand instead of trying this service in Cambodia. Can I ask why? Is it so bad in Cambodia?
Well basically we'd prefer if you didn't disfigure yourself or die on our doorstep. Besides that Thailand has much better medical facilities for when things get a bit botched up.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic