Cleaner Steals Australian Expat's Phone

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
LatinGemini
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cleaner Steals Australian Expat's Phone

Post by LatinGemini »

I'm visiting next week and it strikes me that Westerners don't seem to wear long pants ever in Cambodia.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

a much better looking cleaner.

charlie
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 am
Micmac wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am With all jokes aside,The Aussie bloke could of handled it a bit better.

He apparently knew the woman,surely he could of resolved the issue in house without going to the cops.
Sure, who the fuck goes to the cops here for something like that? I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone would steal a shitty old phone like that anyway, I have a feeling he set her up. :hattip:
Maybe he was struggling to man up to tell her he was breaking up with her and that was the best he could do :stir:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 am

a much better looking cleaner.

charlie

Love him or hate him,,, he's still up there with the best.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

angkorjohn wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 am
Micmac wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am With all jokes aside,The Aussie bloke could of handled it a bit better.

He apparently knew the woman,surely he could of resolved the issue in house without going to the cops.
Sure, who the fuck goes to the cops here for something like that? I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone would steal a shitty old phone like that anyway, I have a feeling he set her up. :hattip:
Maybe he was struggling to man up to tell her he was breaking up with her and that was the best he could do :stir:
Wait we can do that? Image

This would have been good to know when I was dealing with my ex wife. ImageImage
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

LatinGemini wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am I'm visiting next week and it strikes me that Westerners don't seem to wear long pants ever in Cambodia.
What makes you think that? Most do, I'm wearing long pants right now.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

John Bingham wrote:
LatinGemini wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am I'm visiting next week and it strikes me that Westerners don't seem to wear long pants ever in Cambodia.
I own exactly one pair of shorts, and I rarely leave the house wearing them. When I do, I invariably return home with sunburnt legs.
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 pm
Not that you have a choice. You're compelled to do so because your workplace has a dress code. You are not even permitted to choose the color.

You two probably mix in entirely different circles anyway. He, the vacationing riverside sect and you, the slogging 9 to 5er. So it's apples and oranges.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Doh.

There are very good reasons for wearing long pants even out of working hours..read guides..mosquitoes, leeches, sunburn, etc.

You can habitually wander around shorts if you like, but you will regret it.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

epidemiks wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 pm
John Bingham wrote:
I own exactly one pair of shorts, and I rarely leave the house wearing them. When I do, I invariably return home with sunburnt legs.
I hope you leave the house wearing something then :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic