Rent a house in Battambang province

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Rent a house in Battambang province

Post by kocdim »

I want to rent simple house in Battambang province. 15-20km from the town. Any suggestions? I never been to the province so not sure how to find a house. And any suggestion which part of Battambang province?
Thanks
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Rent a house in Battambang province

Post by beaker »

Last place I rented in Battambang province was a, 2 bedroom, living room, kitchen, bamboo and grass hut. $3/month
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

I was thinking house with cement. I mean regular house just not in the town.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Why not go out and have a look in Battambang yourself?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

you will need to go there and ask around unless we have a board member living there who can help you.
you may try this FB group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/905114012910927/
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

I will. I was just wondering if somebody has done it. And share the experience.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 am you will need to go there and ask around unless we have a board member living there who can help you.
you may try this FB group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/905114012910927/
Ok thanks. I will try FB as well.
BTB
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by BTB »

Nowdays i live in Battambang only 6 months of the year... Am in Oz now though... If you can speak Khmer then it might be ok living 15-20km out of town... I/we have a house 5km from town which is semi rural & close enough to the town/markets/bars etc... If you go to Battambang and ask around then im sure you wont have a problem finding a place...
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

kocdim wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 am I want to rent simple house in Battambang province. 15-20km from the town. Any suggestions? I never been to the province so not sure how to find a house. And any suggestion which part of Battambang province?
Thanks
Serious question, why if you've never been there have you chosen Battambang and not only that but to live so remotely? As mentioned, you;d best know some of the language.

On another point make sure the house you choose is raised, it can get very flooded out there at the height of wet season, you got the river, lake and dam nearby.
Takmav
Expatriate
Costa Rica

Post by Takmav »

There are many houses for rent. The signs are in English. In the downtown area it will most likely be a shophouse/townhouse.
On the east side of the River all the way to the highway there are some houses with gardens. You would have to get furniture.
This is a good area. I don't know about 20km out. Could be difficult to find. You could ask Mr Seng from Seng Hout hotel. You could find him at his pharmacy opposite the old Seng Hout hotel. Or ask some of the Korean or Japanese ngo people. They go out into these areas often. Most of them live in apartments near the downtown.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic