Very Cool

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vm varga
Expatriate
Armenia

Very Cool

Post by vm varga »

SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Re: Very Cool

Post by SockPuppet »

With no disrespect to his family's experience or other victims of KR.. but

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

SockPuppet wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:06 pm With no disrespect to his family's experience or other victims of KR.. but

Touching story. A Khmer child whose country was bombed to shit by the USA, now works for the US military helping to bomb the shit out of the middle east and creating waves of Syrian and afghan and iraqui minimi's who all want to go to America to join the US military so they can have their turn blowing the shit out a country. Meanwhile, back home in Cambodia, people are still being blown up by the US munitions which the US refuses to come and collect, while insisting on sending back American Khmers and separating them form their families. Way to go USA. I would be so proud of that flag
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

he, (as millions of others), obtained the American dream
why knock it?

I think those of us born in the middle class of America often forget how many others dreams were obtained by making it to America..

Its NOT the country i grew up in any more, but still, for many millions, its better than the alternative..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:45 pm he, (as millions of others), obtained the American dream
why knock it?

I think those of us born in the middle class of America often forget how many others dreams were obtained by making it to America..

Its NOT the country i grew up in any more, but still, for many millions, its better than the alternative..
An for many millions it is the USA that destroyed the alternative in the first place, admittedly not all on its own. How many Libyans, Syrians, iraquis were trying to get into "the west" before "the west" started trying to bomb their countries into oblivion so they had no future at home? My guess far fewer than now, and for each Khmer who made the American dream there is another waiting to be deproted
vm varga
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by vm varga »

You must be fun at parties.

Jeezuz, relax man, we're all on board with you. The world would be a far better place if the entire population of Septic Tanks were summarily wiped from the face of humanity and their hideously tainted lands were plowed under and replace with unending swaths of swaying Freesia’s.

Next time, keep that stiff upper lip and try to take a feel good story at face value without obtusely shoehorning in your intense hard-on for all things anti Septic, you'll feel much better in the morning.

Savvy?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

vm varga wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:54 pm You must be fun at parties.

Jeezuz, relax man, we're all on board with you. The world would be a far better place if the entire population of Septic Tanks were summarily wiped from the face of humanity and their hideously tainted lands were plowed under and replace with unending swaths of swaying Freesia’s.

Next time, keep that stiff upper lip and try to take a feel good story at face value without obtusely shoehorning in your intense hard-on for all things anti Septic, you'll feel much better in the morning.

Savvy?
[/quote
sorry, don't see the field good factor in this, just more promo for the ponzi scheme called "the American Dream"
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

pczz wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:15 pm
SockPuppet wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:06 pm With no disrespect to his family's experience or other victims of KR.. but

Touching story. A Khmer child whose country was bombed to shit by the USA, now works for the US military helping to bomb the shit out of the middle east and creating waves of Syrian and afghan and iraqui minimi's who all want to go to America to join the US military so they can have their turn blowing the shit out a country. Meanwhile, back home in Cambodia, people are still being blown up by the US munitions which the US refuses to come and collect, while insisting on sending back American Khmers and separating them form their families. Way to go USA. I would be so proud of that flag
This, from a Limey? You've got to be kidding me.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Why? My government has been just as bad as the American one, but the video was from USA. I would have done exact same if it had been from the UK. Both countries have behaved just as badly, and both are run by incompetent fools.
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

pczz wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 am Why? My government has been just as bad as the American one, but the video was from USA. I would have done exact same if it had been from the UK. Both countries have behaved just as badly, and both are run by incompetent fools.
Just as bad?

Come now, Nigel. You lot have been at it far, far longer than we have and have actively participated in our actions throughout our short history for the most part. Aside from that, you're responsible for creating us, Darth Vadar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic