Very Cool

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Very Cool

Post by pczz »

Moe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am
pczz wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 am Why? My government has been just as bad as the American one, but the video was from USA. I would have done exact same if it had been from the UK. Both countries have behaved just as badly, and both are run by incompetent fools.
Just as bad?

Come now, Nigel. You lot have been at it far, far longer than we have and have actively participated in our actions throughout our short history for the most part. Aside from that, you're responsible for creating us, Darth Vadar.
Absolutely right and I apologise for both. :beer3: However we did not operate at quite the same level. Carpet bombing and agent orange were not available during the British Empire so we had to be satisfied with small scale massacres. In our defense, I do not think we have sponsored terrorist acts in the USA, but you still haven't apologized for funding the IRA
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Pity the poor Hottentot, for we have the Maxim and he hath not. Manifest Destiny, bitches.
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

pczz wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:55 am
Moe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am
pczz wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 am Why? My government has been just as bad as the American one, but the video was from USA. I would have done exact same if it had been from the UK. Both countries have behaved just as badly, and both are run by incompetent fools.
Just as bad?

Come now, Nigel. You lot have been at it far, far longer than we have and have actively participated in our actions throughout our short history for the most part. Aside from that, you're responsible for creating us, Darth Vadar.
Absolutely right and I apologise for both. :beer3: However we did not operate at quite the same level. Carpet bombing and agent orange were not available during the British Empire so we had to be satisfied with small scale massacres. In our defense, I do not think we have sponsored terrorist acts in the USA, but you still haven't apologized for funding the IRA
Your massacres weren't on any sort of small scale, don't be coy. You managed very well; punched well above your weight. Did the best you could and all that.

As far as the IRA, I never supported it so I wasn't aware I was in any place to apologize for it. I notice you haven't apologized for the genocide that took place in Rwanda either, so I don't feel particularly fussed about it.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

pczz wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 amBoth countries have behaved just as badly,
What? You're acting deliberately obtuse to cover your embarrassment, right? Not by a long shot, Sparky. When it comes to deaths of innocents caused by government policy, the Yanks got NOTHING on you pommie cunts. How many Indians starved during the Raj while food was being exported to the UK or sold to other countries by the British government in record quantities? 30 million by most estimates. How many more died from partition, which was a forced British policy. Another million easily. How many Irish died from famine while under the thumb of Britain. What ruling nations divided up the Middle east resulting in the f*cked up ungovernable mess of poorly conceived countries from a horrendously self-serving agenda that plagues the world to this day?

"Both have behaved just as badly"? :lol: Is that what they teach you twits in British schools?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:25 am
What? You're acting deliberately obtuse to cover your embarrassment, right? Not by a long shot, Sparky. When it comes to deaths of innocents caused by government policy, the Yanks got NOTHING on you pommie cunts. How many Indians starved during the Raj while food was being exported to the UK or sold to other countries by the British government in record quantities? 30 million by most estimates. How many more died from partition, which was a forced British policy. Another million easily. How many Irish died from famine while under the thumb of Britain. What ruling nations divided up the Middle east resulting in the f*cked up ungovernable mess of poorly conceived countries from a horrendously self-serving agenda that plagues the world to this day?

"Both have behaved just as badly"? :lol: Is that what they teach you twits in British schools?
Blah blah and the americans treated American indians with utmost respect and the Australians show true honor to aborigines
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

pczz wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:29 am

Blah blah and the americans treated American indians with utmost respect and the Australians show true honor to aborigines
You realize that the original 13 colonies plus Canada in it's entirety were conquered by the British, right? So, 50 people are in a room, you kill the first 13, but it is the other guy's fault for continuing the rampage that you started? Flawless logic there.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

kptic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:31 am

You realize that the original 13 colonies plus Canada in it's entirety were conquered by the British, right? So, 50 people are in a room, you kill the first 13, but it is the other guy's fault for continuing the rampage that you started? Flawless logic there.
so if I wander into an American school using my constitutional right to bear arms and shoot 13 students and another person comes in and shoots the rest, he is totally innocent because I killed the first 13? makes sense in "right to bear arms and kill kids" kind of way
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

pczz wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 am

so if I wander into an American school using my constitutional right to bear arms and shoot 13 students and another person comes in and shoots the rest, he is totally innocent because I killed the first 13? makes sense in "right to bear arms and kill kids" kind of way
No, it means that if you live in a glass house, keep that in mind. No one has tyrannized the world more than the British Empire did.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

kptic wrote:
pczz wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:12 am
xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:25 am What? You're acting deliberately obtuse to cover your embarrassment, right? Not by a long shot, Sparky. When it comes to deaths of innocents caused by government policy, the Yanks got NOTHING on you pommie cunts. How many Indians starved during the Raj while food was being exported to the UK or sold to other countries by the British government in record quantities? 30 million by most estimates. How many more died from partition, which was a forced British policy. Another million easily. How many Irish died from famine while under the thumb of Britain. What ruling nations divided up the Middle east resulting in the f*cked up ungovernable mess of poorly conceived countries from a horrendously self-serving agenda that plagues the world to this day?

"Both have behaved just as badly"? Image Is that what they teach you twits in British schools?
No, it means that if you live in a glass house, keep that in mind. No one has tyrannized the world more than the British Empire did.
Really? In ALL of the history of humanity, no one has ever terrorized the world as bad as the brits. Hyperbole much?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic