JAMES SIMON KELLY Got Busted with Drugs in Kampot

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: JAMES SIMON KELLY Got Busted with Drugs in Kampot

Post by prahocalypse now »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:59 pm oh is this the guy who tried to defame the school and was warned off by the okhnea patron some time ago?

Yes. That's him.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

and the dick shaped fish violation of intellectual property
post203238.html?hilit=james%20kelly#p203238

sounds like he may get deported
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 am
pczz wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am too bee fair the average Cambodian lighter will last long enough to light 1 cigarette, 2 if you are lucky. never cease to amaze me how a bic from uk will last a year

No shit! As a nicotine addict, in Cambodia I always carry two lighters. I don't think I've ever had one that used more than half the gas before it 'crapped out'... and I always have a callus on my thumb from the flint wheel.
It's the valve, generally. You'll see the spring ping out when it's the flint. Take off the metal wind shield, crank the plastic valve guide to max, prize it up a bit so it no longer engages the valve gear, move back towards close a bit, stick it back down so it re-engages, then crank the valve open some more. Voila! I have saved you 200r.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

cptrelentless wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:20 pm
Cruisemonkey wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 am
pczz wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am too bee fair the average Cambodian lighter will last long enough to light 1 cigarette, 2 if you are lucky. never cease to amaze me how a bic from uk will last a year

No shit! As a nicotine addict, in Cambodia I always carry two lighters. I don't think I've ever had one that used more than half the gas before it 'crapped out'... and I always have a callus on my thumb from the flint wheel.
It's the valve, generally. You'll see the spring ping out when it's the flint. Take off the metal wind shield, crank the plastic valve guide to max, prize it up a bit so it no longer engages the valve gear, move back towards close a bit, stick it back down so it re-engages, then crank the valve open some more. Voila! I have saved you 200r.
PLEASE if you are trying this at home do not do it while smoking. Explofing cigarette lighter can be dangerous :stir:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

If the Khmer Times has the details right, which it rarely does, Kelly is only being charged with drug use and possession and not with dealing.

Irishman and girlfriend caught in Kampot with drugs

Buth Reaksmey Kongkea / Khmer Times /

An Irish national and his Cambodian girlfriend were charged by the Kampot Provincial Court on Monday with drug use and possession.

Bun Sarath, an officer with the provincial anti-drug police unit, identified the suspects as James Simon Kelly, 71, and his Cambodian girlfriend Luy Ean, 32.

“They were arrested when police raided Mr Kelly’s rented house and caught them in the act of smoking drugs,” he said.

Mr Sarath said the two suspects were in contact with known drug distributors who brought narcotics to sell to foreign tourists in Kep and Kampot provinces.

After their arrests, police seized crystal methamphetamine, marijuana, a scale, a phone and a motorbike.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50103582/ir ... ith-drugs/
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

She definitely didn't set him up or anything.

“They were arrested when police raided Mr Kelly’s rented house and caught them in the act of smoking drugs,” he said.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:59 pm oh is this the guy who tried to defame the school and was warned off by the okhnea patron some time ago?

Yes. That's him.

So we all against corruption except when one party can wield some power to threaten someone into giving up his freedom of speech. Of course I think HE sent something similar to a guy called Sam Rainsey and everyone complained about threatening people being undemocratic I don't know this guy, or the circumstances but at the end of the day threatening people for not agreeing with you is not right. there are courts and there are defamation rules. you cannot pick and choose who the laws apply to if you want a true democracy
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: James Simon Kelly Got Busted in Kampot

Post by Captain Bonez »

soup wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:39 pmIn a pinch, you can use the bible. The pages from the new testament burn really nicely. :bow:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

So we all against corruption except when one party can wield some power to threaten someone into giving up his freedom of speech. Of course I think HE sent something similar to a guy called Sam Rainsey and everyone complained about threatening people being undemocratic I don't know this guy, or the circumstances but at the end of the day threatening people for not agreeing with you is not right. there are courts and there are defamation rules. you cannot pick and choose who the laws apply to if you want a true democracy
if i recall correctly he was turning up at the school and repeatedly harassing staff- making defamatory statements on fb.

i think democracy is for native citizens, not shouty crackers meth pats.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

This story about James Simon Kelly has made its way to the Irish press, and they even reached out to us on social media about it:

"Speaking to the paper Daniel Mackevili, founder of the Cambodia Expats Online news organisation said: "Foreigners generally get treated slightly better than locals in jail, but they have to pay for any benefits..."

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-n ... g-14201563

Thanks a lot to Prohacalypse Now and everyone else who helps get these stories into English and online for the rest of the world to read!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic