Battambang as a tourist destination?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Re: Battambang as a tourist destination?

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

best baguettes i have come across https://www.google.com.kh/maps/@13.1008 ... 312!8i6656

500 riel. cant recall if the shop front still looks like that but that is the location. buy a few at a time else you will have to go back for more again
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tourist numbers up in Battambang for 2017
31 January 2018
Battambang: According to the Battambang Department of Tourism, the number of tourists arriving in the resort was 618,139, up 1.36% , of which, 519,835 were domestic tourists, up 1.26 percent, and 98,304 were international visitors, up 1.91 percent.
ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Hmmm, 8,000 foreigners a month. A bit off-putting.

That aside, I joined the BTB expat page on FB. Yawn . . . clothing swaps, ban plastic straws campaign, kitten giveaways, bric-a-brac sales, gallery shows, tuktuk services, NGO activities. Draw your own conclusions. Next . . .
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Was in BB a few days ago. Nice and calm but after you've seen the nice sights in 2 days time to go. Too dead and boring at night. Makes Kampot look like a party town...which it is not.
ashbeats
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by ashbeats »

Now... after reading this thread, I've got to check battambang out. How bad could it really be... hmmm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

It's a nice place, I like the street with the old wooden houses and the river road that winds around with the rice paper makers on it. But it is certainly extremely boring. I regret not buying the hotel with Stewie for 60K, we would have had fun and probably made money with his people skills. And maybe he would still be alive.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:01 pm As it's more of an O than an A in khmer, are the locals called Bottombangers?
Queer you should assk that...
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I am heading to Battambang for the weekend, I’d love any insider tips on where to go and what to see.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I had mentioned the lake where you can take a cool swim. Also there are around 80 crocodile farms.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 pm I am heading to Battambang for the weekend, I’d love any insider tips on where to go and what to see.
Eden on the river is good for food especially breakfast, Lunch - American style (although it is christian),

on street 1.5 Kinyei is excellent coffee from the feel good coffee people (also identical menu),

Jaan Bai - street 2 restaurant is excellent food for a good cause (also run by feel good people)

also near there on street 2 is the new (opened last week) Miss Wong cocktails (got a great branch in Siem Reap so I'd imagine this is just as good)

Pomme on street 2.5 is a great bar although backpackers stay above it, it is the best bar in town, they got a guy Sambath I think his name who will do tailor made tours around the area for about 14 bucks a person taking in a lot of things (village life, the lake, bat caves etc) just catch him the night before.

just down from it is another one I forget the name but covered in grafitti

across the river you got "here be dragons" which is very backpacker but you get a few expats in there.

enjoy, its a great place, like Siem Reap minus the douchebags
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic