Do you regret being married when you see younger, attractive local women?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Do you regret being married when you see younger, attractive local women?

Post by frank lee bent »

then they introduced her to you toi see if it worked?
gf niece- so yes it did
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Actually I regret the divorce more than the wedding. it cost a lot more and I should have done it years earlier :-)
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

My advice: marry someone you respect.

Otherwise, it may not pass the test of time.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

SmartAston Martin wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:43 pm My advice: marry someone you respect.

Otherwise, it may not pass the test of time.
Could I ever respect anyone stupid enough to marry me? :stir:
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Maybe you're both the same inside.

Go figure.

Opposites also attract.

I think it has to do with replenishing the gene pool. After a certain run, it's healthier to go outside the gene pool for good children. Opposite is as far away as you can get. Just my opinion, but I've seen it a lot.

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Well I am about as far away as I can get from my ex wife so that's a start
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Women who are much younger than you are only attractive to a point. They look cute but are pretty much a bunch of naive jelly-heads other than that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

I've come to that conclusion as well.

I kinda want a partner, someone I can rely on, as well as a companion (soft, warm, caring).

Some conversation required, on a daily basis. Anything less is often silly.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah i sometimes get this feeling when i've just barfined a girl then as im leaving i see some other girl in the corner that i hadnt noticed before :stir:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I married a younger (28) attractive local woman. Since then she has gotten an honours degree in English and started her own succesful business. We can discuss most anything, she has an inquisitive mind and is very outgoing. I am 60 and very happy with my decision, I realize she will have a full life when I am gone and with a nice house and car , a good education and a social staus that was probably not available to her in our dusty provincial capital. International travel opens the eyes and instills self confidence. My wife was never involved with p4p and comes from a straight Thai family that keeps it's word and arrives on time.

At my age I realize everythingin life is a trade off. I enjoy her vibrancy, her positive outlook and her humbleness. She is not shy or submissive but mostly straight, practical and very hardworking. I have provided her with more than she ever dreamed of and she has done the same for me.

I enjoy waking up feeling young, I used to wake up feeling grumpy but I finished that relationship long ago and know in my heart that in North America I would never be considered by such an attractive, young intelligent woman. Will it last forever? I won't and if I get 15 good years in before I die, I will be very satisfied.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic