Who's Your Favorite Comedian??

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Who's Your Favorite Comedian??

Post by SmartAston Martin »

I've been catching up, now that Dave Chappelle is back, haha. A favorite comic of mine, he's matured and I guess he needs college money for his kids, haha.

Anyhow, I like Bill Burr, Joe Rogan, the late Ralphie May, Dave of course, and a few others. My faves are male-oriented and American, but I want to hear more.

The classics like Johnny Carson, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Benny Hill, Red Fox, race-conscious Archie Bunker played by Carroll O'Connor.

See that YouTube video of the Bad Girls of Comedy (2012), Tiffany Haddish and April Macie are both bad (!!) and outrageous.

Who's your favorite? Post links, fave quotes and jokes?

I feel bad for Louis C.K., poor schmuck never had it so good. Power went to his head! Anyhow, not cool ... It's only the schmucks that get complaints ... Matt Lauer must've been a serious douche to get complaints with his looks ...

Also, I still like the HUMOR of the serial rapist / allowed sexual predator, Bill Cosby, like I still like the works of Kurt Cobain or Heath Ledger. What Cosby did was obviously wrong, but strangely was ALLOWED for many years ... You know what you can / will get with a guy like that ...

I guess dating stars is like a back door into the Industry. Get secret info, soak in the scene, special access ... Comes at a price, however, part of your soul ... Anyhow, whole 'nuther discussion not worth talking about ...

Here's Bill Burr on fat people:

Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Re: Who's Your Favorite Comedian??

Post by SockPuppet »

SmartAston Martin wrote:I've been catching up, now that Dave Chappelle is back, haha. A favorite comic of mine, he's matured and I guess he needs college money for his kids, haha.

Anyhow, I like Bill Burr, Joe Rogan, the late Ralphie May, Dave of course, and a few others. My faves are male-oriented and American, but I want to hear more.

The classics like Johnny Carson, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Benny Hill, Red Fox, race-conscious Archie Bunker played by Carroll O'Connor.

See that YouTube video of the Bad Girls of Comedy (2012), Tiffany Haddish and April Macie are both bad (!!) and outrageous.

Who's your favorite? Post links, fave quotes and jokes?

I feel bad for Louis C.K., poor schmuck never had it so good. Power went to his head! Anyhow, not cool ... It's only the schmucks that get complaints ... Matt Lauer must've been a serious douche to get complaints with his looks ...

Also, I still like the HUMOR of the serial rapist / allowed sexual predator, Bill Cosby, like I still like the works of Kurt Cobain or Heath Ledger. What Cosby did was obviously wrong, but strangely was ALLOWED for many years ... You know what you can / will get with a guy like that ...

I guess dating stars is like a back door into the Industry. Get secret info, soak in the scene, special access ... Comes at a price, however, part of your soul ... Anyhow, whole 'nuther discussion not worth talking about ...

Here's Bill Burr on fat people:

Eddie Izzard is brilliant imho but he hasn't done much lately.

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Sumac
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Sumac »

Ricky Gervais is probably my favorite at the moment. I like that he'll go places others won't, but his intentions are not usually malicious and he's quite principled when you hear him discuss his rationale. I hope he gets invited back to do the Golden Globes one more time.

Recently I've been watching some of George Carlin's late videos. Another principled comic, he got very dark and political at the end of his career and, surprise, we started hearing less about him in the mainstream media.

I've also come to really like Trevor Noah. At fist, I didn't like his hosting of the Daily Show, but he's really grown on me more recently. I love his bit on Trump as America's first African president.

Oh, and of course, John Oliver. love his show on HBO.
Even when a person is not there, the water flows.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Yes, I didn't mention George Carlin, just the best. "Do you want these leftovers? No? They'll either go in the trash, or in your stomach." Haha!

R. Gervais funny. Will look up Eddie Izzard and maybe Trevor Noah.

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Before we take a vote on this,,, can we call Donald Trump a comedian ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

You beat me to it, he's totally entertaining and funny, in an unintentional way
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Smiling HE comes out with great one liners most weeks and everyone laughs when he tells his jokes...........................
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm Before we take a vote on this,,, can we call Donald Trump a comedian ?
He's number 1 on my list, closely followed by 3 posters on this forum who are living proof that a segment of Great Britain's population has suffered from aristocratic inbreeding.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Arget wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:44 pm Smiling HE comes out with great one liners most weeks and everyone laughs when he tells his jokes...........................
Yeah, but he's no Kim Jong Un. People don't disappear if they don't smile.

He's military, he's a big cop, and he rewards his people.

But an a-hole? Nah ...

The Trump is already a TV personality ...

Just remember the tax laws and a hot economy. The world and you may all benefit from a strong US economy. China is proving a galvanizing force to spur the Big, Rich, Lazy country to get back to business again ...

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

taabarang wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm
Duncan wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm Before we take a vote on this,,, can we call Donald Trump a comedian ?
He's number 1 on my list, closely followed by 3 posters on this forum who are living proof that a segment of Great Britain's population has suffered from aristocratic inbreeding.
I doubt any British aristocrats would be seen dead in Cambodia inbred or not. just not classy enough, not enough golf courses and no Horse tracks or fox hunting. But if you want to talk about inbred British comedians - Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Theresa May, David Cameron and Jacob Rees-Mogg come to mind
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic