Guards..black uniforms...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Guards..black uniforms...

Post by pczz »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:58 am Don’t forget all the MIB looking dudes during the water festival as well.

It was like the secret service was out in force and not a gun to be seen, although I’m sure they were all carrying.
No different to the states or Europe these days at any major event.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

pczz wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:58 am Don’t forget all the MIB looking dudes during the water festival as well.

It was like the secret service was out in force and not a gun to be seen, although I’m sure they were all carrying.
Totally agreed, but it was the first time I had seen something like it in Cambodia.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
pczz wrote:

Totally agreed, but it was the first time I had seen something like it in Cambodia.
Too much stupid shit going on everywhere in the world for gov'ts not to take precautions at any kind of festival or gathering. Good move imo as long as it isn't seen as obvious intimidation to the tax paying public.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Gardiguy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:28 pm
kiwiincambodia wrote:
pczz wrote:

Too much stupid shit going on everywhere in the world for gov'ts not to take precautions at any kind of festival or gathering. Good move imo as long as it isn't seen as obvious intimidation to the tax paying public.
Cambodians don't pay next, well most of them don't anyway
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic