A British Tourist Man has Arrested after Fighting the Tuk Tuk Driver, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A British Tourist Man has Arrested after Fighting the Tuk Tuk Driver, Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: A 29 year old, British Tourist man BEN FREDRICH SMITH has arrested after fighting as intentional violence to a 37 year old Tuk Tuk driver, named Peng Sengdara at 04:40 pm on January 18 in front of Education institute, Sangkat Chaktumok, Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh.
According to the police officer, the suspect BEN FREDRICH who stay at Oral Hotal on street 19, Khan Doun Penh, has smashed on the tuk tuk driver's face to get injury on the face and swollen.
The suspect has got a test for drug substance, but he didn't have any drug substance.
Recently, the suspect has detained at Khan Doun Peng police station for filling document following by the law.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: A British Tourist Man has Arrested after Fighting the Tuk Tuk Driver, Phnom Penh

Post by King Keil »

TukTuk Sir?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: A British Tourist Man has Arrested after Fighting the Tuk Tuk Driver, Phnom Penh

Post by kiwiincambodia »

shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:51 amOral Hotel
Nothing good ever came out of there.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Tourist: How much to go to central market?
Tuk Tuk: Ten dollar.
Tourist: I'll give you five.
Tuk Tuk : No, no, no. You cheap Charlie.
Tourist: WHACK!!!

Well, for want of a real story here, that's my version. Although, I expect the Tuk Tuk driver said a lot more than that to get whacked.
There must be at least 101 reasons to whack a Tuk Tuk driver.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Tuktuk: Want some ganja Sir?

Brit: Haven’t you read my post about me having enough of annoying wheed selling tuktuk drivers on CEO?!? Whack!
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

looks like the brit got off without a mark. Good job hje is in protective custody now they know his address!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

We've all wanted to do it. Some of us probably have.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

General Mackevili wrote:We've all wanted to do it. Some of us probably have.
Absolutely!
And i've heard of people damaging tuktuks and running away
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

SockPuppet wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 am
General Mackevili wrote:We've all wanted to do it. Some of us probably have.
Absolutely!
And i've heard of people damaging tuktuks and running away

But why would they run when they could catch a tuk-tuk.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic