Riverside tuktuk driver arrested for drug dealing

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

In a very unusual case today, a tuktuk driver has been arrested for selling weed on riverside.

PHNOM PENH January 17, 2018
A tuk tuk driver was arrested by police on Sisowath corner of Street 178, located in Village 2, Chey Chomnas district, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.
The suspect, 35-year-old Pov Sakheng, has been arrested by police for trafficking marijuana. He was found in possession of four bags of marijuana, as well as 12 ganja cigarettes rolled up ready to smoke.
Currently, the suspect is detained temporarily at the Daun Penh Police Inspectorate for questioning and case management, according to procedure.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Riverside tuktuk driver arrested for drug dealing

Post by angkorjohn »

good stuff, I hope they pick the rest of those jerks who work that beat up. The 178 lot and Royal palace guys be it first thing in the morning or later in the evening constantly are hassling people, offering everything from girls to drugs, in fact I don't think I've ever been offered a tuk tuk ride off them!

I'm guessing he pissed off the wrong folks as I thought those guys operated under impunity as a senior military figure controlled and allowed the trade down there for a select few bozos.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Strange because they are doing it for so long under protection.
Maybe finally somebody realized how embarrassing it is with all the tourists passing by.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

King Keil wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 am Strange because they are doing it for so long under protection.
Maybe finally somebody realized how embarrassing it is with all the tourists passing by.
Whats more embarrassing is that they are supplying to the tourists. If tourists were not buying they would not be selling in tourist hotspots
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

They really need to clean up the ones in front of the FCC. With it being a main stop for many tourists it really is a bad look.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Heard on that corner before.
- you want ganja?
- but what about police?
- no problem, i am police...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 am Heard on that corner before.
- you want ganja?
- but what about police?
- no problem, i am police...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
and after you buy it form me I am going to skin yu at the police station :beer3:
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:evil: Great news I think it's disgusting the way they offer you drugs,thinking every barang Is a dope head,I usually shout at the top of my voice ,No I do not want your drugs,that has a good effect on them.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
tarariverboat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by tarariverboat »

yer the tuk tuk drivers are very persistent,a normal conversation goes along the same old lines of
you want drugs? no thanks,take me to the riverside.
you want girl?no,take me to the riverside.
you want boy?no riverside thanks.
where you from? i live here now take me to the riverside thanks.
you stay here long time? riverside thanks.
you speak khmer? riverside...
where you go? ah RIVERSIDE thanks..
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PIEMAN wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am :evil: Great news I think it's disgusting the way they offer you drugs,thinking every barang Is a dope head,I usually shout at the top of my voice ,No I do not want your drugs,that has a good effect on them.
You have not been around for too long yet, have you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic