Riverside tuktuk driver arrested for drug dealing

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Riverside tuktuk driver arrested for drug dealing

Post by Barang chgout »

tightenupvolume1 wrote:Image

Just follow the money.

charlie
Yep! Buy them bitdollar thingys! Y'all can get rich!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Gardiguy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm
Kuroneko wrote:
pczz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 pm
Is it legal to turn right at red? I think in some countries only if there is a sign permitting it and definitely not if there is a right turn filter. Any traffic cops in the house.
Rules of the Road
As well as clarifying a few things are not actually against the law, such as turning right at red lights (i.e. Article 11) – news for Europeans if not North Americans – and that no, it is not against the law to drive with your lights on during the day (i.e. Article 27, point 1, subsection D), the law, however, clarified which driving offenses were punishable by fines. http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/28941/ ... -the-road/

Article 11 LAW On ROAD TRAFFIC
When the traffic light indicates in yellow, it signals drivers to take cautions and to prepare to stop. When the traffic light indicated in green, it signals drivers their vehicles are allowed to move on. When the traffic light indicates in red, it signals drivers to stop.
When the traffic red light is on, it signals drivers to stop in front of the white zebra crossing or pedestrian crossing. However, if there is no obstacle a head, the vehicles on the most right, may carefully turn right, except if there is a red arrow light indicating otherwise.
So if no cops around, you can turn right on a red light if barang?
if the light does not have a filter then I guess this applies, but when there is a light for turning right and that light is red then it doesn't, because there is a red for the direction you wish to go in. Bloody french, worst drivers in Europe. Should not be allowed to drive, let alone teach other countries.Priorite adroite my arse. Even French have dropped it now I think. Not that it makes a lot of difference, Cambodians are all colour blind and do not know which side is left and which is right :beer3:
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:05 am Dont have a lexus. Not even a moto. Not "making you breathe" anything.
I would guess, if you live in PP, your lungs match those of a moderate smoker, from your daily intake of fumes. My goodness! You make your children breathe that shit? All the time?
Seems like you come from a fairly uptight place and are getting all abusive and name calling.
I wonder if you have ever tried the devil's lettuce yourself or if you're just repeating what your mum told you?

:D Devil's lettuce - never heard it called that before :bong:
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

pczz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:09 pm
whiteribbon wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:56 pm
that genius wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 pm I was under the impression smoking in public (tobacco) had been made a punishable offence last year?
In restaurants indeed. Most restaurants I frequent in Kep and Kampot are now smoke free unless when you're outside on the terrace. The restaurants have to pay a fine when the smoking police comes and they see someone smoking inside. No idea how much the fine is.
heard it was $5. Ecigarettes were made illegal some while ago but it seems to be ignored mostly. Smoking drugs has always been illegal. Its also iilegal to litter, best of luck with that one :beer3: I go outside to smoke cigarettes cos akll the potheads moan if you smoke something not containing drugs :facepalm:
Nicotine is a drug :facepalm: I could care less what someone smokes but cigs smell like shit and makes everything around them smell like shit, you know it when you walk into a smoking establishment or someones house, then you smell like shit when you walk out, nasty habit glad I quit years ago, added it up and i saved over 20k over 20 years, and that's probably being conservative.

I think everyone is smoking acid :popcorn:
------
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Seasquatch wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:51 pm
that genius wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 pm I was under the impression smoking in public (tobacco) had been made a punishable offence last year?
In restaurants indeed. Most restaurants I frequent in Kep and Kampot are now smoke free unless when you're outside on the terrace. The restaurants have to pay a fine when the smoking police comes and they see someone smoking inside. No idea how much the fine is.
heard it was $5. Ecigarettes were made illegal some while ago but it seems to be ignored mostly. Smoking drugs has always been illegal. Its also iilegal to litter, best of luck with that one :beer3: I go outside to smoke cigarettes cos akll the potheads moan if you smoke something not containing drugs :facepalm:
Nicotine is a drug :facepalm: I could care less what someone smokes but cigs smell like shit and makes everything around them smell like shit, you know it when you walk into a smoking establishment or someones house, then you smell like shit when you walk out, nasty habit glad I quit years ago, added it up and i saved over 20k over 20 years, and that's probably being conservative.

so is that beer :-)
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

pczz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:29 am

so is that beer :-)
If I could of quit that nasty habit 20 years ago I probably would of saved well over 100k, but that would have been no fun :beer1:
------
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Australia, $30/ packet, pack and a half a day.
Cambodia 1000 real/packet.
Savings.......
Enough to live on....

SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Cheap emphysema! Nice!

I know how it is, haha. Some smoke for style, taste, a little quick shot of stimulating nicotine with deep breathing. Calming and focuslng, if temporarily.

In moderation and exercise, no big deal.

But no lung wards in Cambodia, am I right?

And pollution I hear is almost as bad as smoking.

DOUBLE TROUBLE
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

I have to say, Bupropion, the nicotine patch, is available here.

Third treatment worked for me.

GREAT DREAMS, for those 3 weeks, too. Vivid.

Maybe $30-$40 a box?

If coughing, just do it ... Adjust 1 - 1.5 patches depending on your daily habit.

You'll quit, once your brain can take over.

Most people finger the dry roll of a cigarette like Bilbo handles the One Ring. Suddenly, it's in your hands, and you say, "My Preciousss ... Preciousss ..."

^^^ Haha ...
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Nicotine is a drug :facepalm: I could care less what someone smokes

but cigs smell like shit and makes everything around them smell like shit, you know it when you walk into a smoking establishment or someones house, then you smell like shit when you walk out,

nasty habit glad I quit years ago, added it up and i saved over 20k over 20 years, and that's probably being conservative.

Although I agree with you, it's slightly different in practice. Did you know a room that is continually used for smoking will not smell as bad as a '' non-smoking room'' , where
only one ciggi has been smoked. The bacteria in a smokers room is active in breaking down the smoke/smell 27/7, where as in a non smoking there is no active bacteria.
This is one reason why accommodation places keep certain rooms for smokers. Been there, done that, so am speaking from experience.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic