i opened a bank account today in <1-hour

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: i opened a bank account today in <1-hour

Post by whiteribbon »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:37 pm Whiteribbon...whilst there are some dodgy agencies arranging EB EOSs and WPs for people who aren't actually eligible, I wouldn't recommend it as it could turn around and bite you in the ass at a later date, but each to their own if you're willing to take the risk.

By the way, $90 seems odd for the WP fee, considering that is actually less than the official WP fee!

With regards to showing bank balance to the government, just open a separate acct with enough in it to satisfy the DoI, they don't need to know exactly how much you have.
Oops, sorry just checked my bill, it was 288 for the EB and 100 for the wp with an 8 working day processing fee included. Done by someone who works in the immigration department but has a family visa/travel company on the side, I was probably the first westerner they saw there, they mainly have Chinese customers. Was the easiest solution for me, not saying everyone should do it like this but just assuring people in difficult situations that there is a solution.
just noise, white noise
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

whiteribbon wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:06 pm
Oops, sorry just checked my bill, it was 288 for the EB and 100 for the wp with an 8 working day processing fee included. Done by someone who works in the immigration department but has a family visa/travel company on the side, I was probably the first westerner they saw there, they mainly have Chinese customers. Was the easiest solution for me, not saying everyone should do it like this but just assuring people in difficult situations that there is a solution.
Would you mind sharing the contact info of the agent?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:10 am stat dec stating that they are retired, do not work and do not intend to work in Cambodia
Do you think a local notary would suffice on the stat dec...or is it an embassy thing.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Brody wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:11 pm
My partner arranged it for me since he has good contacts everywhere so not sure if the agency would want me to share but I will reply to you privately.
just noise, white noise
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

whiteribbon wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:26 pm
My partner arranged it for me since he has good contacts everywhere so not sure if the agency would want me to share but I will reply to you privately.
It's still $100 over the "official" fee so i wouldn't worry too much
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 pm
whiteribbon wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:26 pm
It's still $100 over the "official" fee so i wouldn't worry too much
For the EB indeed but try getting it cheaper if you don't have all the necessary paperwork. The work permit is a very good deal I think. Same price as doing it yourself and spending hours getting all the things you need.
just noise, white noise
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

That is indeed a very good deal for the WP!

Cautious Colin...I can count on one hand the amount of people I am aware of who have paid the official, or close to official, fee for a visa EOS, myself included.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:57 pm That is indeed a very good deal for the WP!

Cautious Colin...I can count on one hand the amount of people I am aware of who have paid the official, or close to official, fee for a visa EOS, myself included.
Wasn’t saying it is easy to get, just that the agency being used is still making enough money out of the deal to worry about being named ( assuming they are getting closer to the official fee)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic